Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero FQHH Halfbelt
Ur8Urjvh.jpg

Browns Beach Shawl collar jacket and vest...It's a balmy 40 degrees here in Chicago today...don't really need a jacket but I love the beach cloth.

casechopper

Thanks Trenchfriend and Sockeye.

Tropicalbob: This still has a long way to go before it will be fully broken in. The chest panels are still very stiff. Riding with it definitely breaks it in faster than just wearing it though. I've ridden in the rain a couple times which has softened it a good bit.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Seriously chilly here today, -34C with windchill. Once again I donned my Canada Goose parka, and looking at the forecast I can't see myself wearing anything else for the next few days/weeks. Not vintage but when it's this cold it's a case of function over form.

Wearing what is probably my warmest jacket - even more so than the N-1. An RRL I picked up a while back.
Has a really thick lining - same as the collar and is made of jungle cloth. I'm sure this thing cost a fortune new, but I grabbed it here cheap.
Sitting outside in 39º, which for this place, is chilly.
Sorry, old phone and nobody to help me out...arms are not long enough LOL.

IMG_8295.jpg
IMG_8293.jpg

casechopper

You should check to see if you have a timer function on your phone's camera. Then you can set the phone further back. Nice jacket!

tropicalbob

Thanks Trenchfriend and Sockeye.

Tropicalbob: This still has a long way to go before it will be fully broken in. The chest panels are still very stiff. Riding with it definitely breaks it in faster than just wearing it though. I've ridden in the rain a couple times which has softened it a good bit.
Case, I sincerely hope you're not riding that scooter out on Rt.4. I used to drive trucks and taxicabs up around there and, well, you're a better man than I am if you do.

casechopper

I don't ride on route 4. That's one place where I don't think anyone's safe in any vehicle. I ride on their regularly in my van but have had so many close calls that I doubt I'd ever go there on 2 wheels. I do spend about 30 seconds on route 80 twice a day but never leave the entrance/exit ramp (just use it to get across a river from one town to the next). The rest of my commute is on surface roads so lots of stop and go traffic and reasonably low speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick