Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I bought a better sized cap than before
Screenshot_20230619_074405_Gallery.jpg

peanutbutterjellychoo

New in Town
I am based in the asian version of Switzerland, Singapore. Denim and Iron shipped via DHL parcel (not express). Just had to pay for shipping and the usual 8% GST upon arrival. Shipping transit time was alright and it took around 2 weeks from dispatch to the front of my door.

I am now in Perth on holiday. living on a farm for a week thus the Aussie backdrop.

The jacket zips up well. It also had zero break in and there are some portions that are starting to show bits of the brown teacore. Pretty good considering this is a 1.5 month old jacket and only worn a handful of times.
Are you based in Switzerland?
And yes, fits you very well!

Attachments

• IMG_5139.jpeg
    IMG_5139.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 140

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I am based in the asian version of Switzerland, Singapore. Denim and Iron shipped via DHL parcel (not express). Just had to pay for shipping and the usual 8% GST upon arrival. Shipping transit time was alright and it took around 2 weeks from dispatch to the front of my door.

I am now in Perth on holiday. living on a farm for a week thus the Aussie backdrop.

The jacket zips up well. It also had zero break in and there are some portions that are starting to show bits of the brown teacore. Pretty good considering this is a 1.5 month old jacket and only worn a handful of times.
As nice a fit as you will see.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Not a jacket per se, but...

Iron Heart "Pale Rider".

So, I finally did it. I was debating for a long time, doubtful if I´d ever become a "leather-shirt-guy", but then it was pretty much an impulse decision, followed by a very good consultation with Burg&Schild Hamburg who promised to hold back enough sizes to dial-in the fit.

This is an "XXL" which is one up from my Iron Heart denim western shirts and two up from the older UHF´s and Workshirts I am still wearing.
You can see that there is some excess material, but shoulders are fine, sleeves are not as excessively long as you sometimes see with IH and - most importantly - I could not button up a smaller size comfortably and by now I pretty much dread the "sausage-roll" look and feel..
All in all, I am very happy with the fit (again, a "real-life" fit which hopefully will increase wear-time as opposed to the "lookers" who are a pain to wear. We ´ve been there...), and any remaining issues will surely go away with break-in. That thing is still stiff as a board.

The leather is great. Obviously the "Conipel" hide that Aero uses for their "unfinished" jackets too. The same unsightly pink (before suntan), the same drape, the same very nice aroma. At 1,1 mm a contender for a "jacket" as well, but I find it pretty easy to wear. Big relief, as I have been warned that the first run(s) had been rather unyielding.

Not much wear-time yet, as it´s too hot, but I took it out for a supermarket run during lunchbreak. At this time, I a only planning on a little extra sun, but no conditioning, water etc. for the time being. Keeping it natural...

So far, very happy. Let´s see what the wife will say...

PR1.jpg
PR2.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Iron Heart "Pale Rider".

So, I finally did it. I was debating for a long time, doubtful if I´d ever become a "leather-shirt-guy", but then it was pretty much an impulse decision, followed by a very good consultation with Burg&Schild Hamburg who promised to hold back enough sizes to dial-in the fit.

This is an "XXL" which is one up from my Iron Heart denim western shirts and two up from the older UHF´s and Workshirts I am still wearing.
You can see that there is some excess material, but shoulders are fine, sleeves are not as excessively long as you sometimes see with IH and - most importantly - I could not button up a smaller size comfortably and by now I pretty much dread the "sausage-roll" look and feel..
All in all, I am very happy with the fit (again, a "real-life" fit which hopefully will increase wear-time as opposed to the "lookers" who are a pain to wear. We ´ve been there...), and any remaining issues will surely go away with break-in. That thing is still stiff as a board.

The leather is great. Obviously the "Conipel" hide that Aero uses for their "unfinished" jackets too. The same unsightly pink (before suntan), the same drape, the same very nice aroma. At 1,1 mm a contender for a "jacket" as well, but I find it pretty easy to wear. Big relief, as I have been warned that the first run(s) had been rather unyielding.

Not much wear-time yet, as it´s too hot, but I took it out for a supermarket run during lunchbreak. At this time, I a only planning on a little extra sun, but no conditioning, water etc. for the time being. Keeping it natural...

View attachment 527150 View attachment 527151
Looks great. Has a western vibe to it. Should age spectacularly. Talk to @Feliksas if you want to accelerate it...:)

IrishStu

One of the Regulars

Iron Heart "Pale Rider".

That's an awesome looking shirt. Enjoy how it develops.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That's an awesome looking shirt. Enjoy how it develops.

That´s the plan! I had a Premier HWM in this hide ones, but didn´t see the process through as I wasn´t wearing the jacket often enough. Hopefully, a shirt gets a different kind of use.

The leather picks up sunrays pretty quickly, so I imagine to see the first coloration already. I am not in a hurry though.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Iron Heart "Pale Rider".

I like the entire outfit. Will copy it if you don't mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland