Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Just received this awesome Cal Straight Zip. I'm open and hoping for some opinions on fit. The side adjusters are maxed out, ( I might need to lay off the stirfry and I.P.As for a bit). She was a bit tight going on in general, but loosened up after about five minutes. I'm used to a more " generous fit" but I assume these were designed to be more form fitting.
Not uncomfortable to wear but I'm still "green" enough to let my enthusiasm cloud my vision; enough that I may look ridiculous and be totally oblivious-but I'm pretty certain that's not the case here:)
PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_40399.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_25933.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_25933.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_34965.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_34965.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_30033.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_30033.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_33098.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_33098.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_14100.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_14100.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_15001.jpg
    PXL_20230831_184734898.TS_exported_15001.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 86

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great fit. It's trim but that's how the CHP cutting is, air tight at the waist and short. My JL Barneveld Remix which is a CHP is also like this fit. If I go up a size it would fit like my Aero 50s Highwayman. The CHP is a pre-war jacket design. It's good to have different types of fits in the closet imo.

Plus its hard to find another one like yours.

Just received this awesome Cal Straight Zip. I'm open and hoping for some opinions on fit. The side adjusters are maxed out, ( I might need to lay off the stirfry and I.P.As for a bit). She was a bit tight going on in general, but loosened up after about five minutes. I'm used to a more " generous fit" but I assume these were designed to be more form fitting.
Not uncomfortable to wear but I'm still "green" enough to let my enthusiasm cloud my vision; enough that I may look ridiculous and be totally oblivious-but I'm pretty certain that's not the case here:) View attachment 543778

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Not uncomfortable to wear but I'm still "green" enough to let my enthusiasm cloud my vision; enough that I may look ridiculous and be totally oblivious-but I'm pretty certain that's not the case here:)

Looks great.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Thanks for the input:) With the tear drop pull tabs I assume it's from the 60s; it must have been in a hermetically sealed time capsule, just beautiful.
Great fit. It's trim but that's how the CHP cutting is, air tight at the waist and short. My JL Barneveld Remix which is a CHP is also like this fit. If I go up a size it would fit like my Aero 50s Highwayman. The CHP is a pre-war jacket design. It's good to have different types of fits in the closet imo.

Plus its hard to find another one like yours.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Not uncomfortable to wear but I'm still "green" enough to let my enthusiasm cloud my vision; enough that I may look ridiculous and be totally oblivious-but I'm pretty certain that's not the case here:) View attachment 543778
+1 looks like a great find and good fit. If it's tight, just pull those side laces out entirely and keep them zipped in one of the pockets. They helps make it more wearable and it's all that noticeable either.

Nacho

Practically Family

You hit a jackpot there, big man. Looking sensational in that CHP.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Vanson should hire you as a consultant for thier advertising!

Post these photos on thier site, showing how thier product "should" fit & age, and sales would take off through the roof. You wear it so well, and it's simply a completely natural fit for you Jake! :)
Thank you, Sir. That is probably the nicest compliment I've received. I'd be down to do it if they asked me, but I'm not exactly a model haha. They do need help from someone, though.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Cross post from the old clothes thread. This just landed. The details are just so cool and the thing is in unworn, time capsule condition.
View attachment 543715
View attachment 543704
View attachment 543706
I could easily sell all my leather jackets and just pursue these.
That is the greatest back yoke I've ever seen. Absolutely insane and wild in the best way possible. Love it.

@Johnny Deadlifts looks great to me. Snug, but not overly so. If it's not uncomfortable, I'd definitely be happy with the fit as is.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Looks geat!

Looking at the measurements of this model, I´d have trouble zipping it at the waist while shoulers and chest would be spot-on/generous.
This beauty is a prime reason to maintain the great shape you´re in!

Al 916

One Too Many
Perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred