Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think for the jacket above I often post the evo in that thread about show your natural vegtan thread from time to time, my cross zip I posted in that old thread about cross zip, I lost my phone somewhere during that time so many of the photos I posted here in the past only exist here, I no longer have those pics on me.

wlsn

New in Town
I ordered a Schott 8325 waxed mechanic's jacket earlier this week on a whim. Received it and think it's too big/loose of a fit. Also, the front zip is not exactly centered, which makes the collar look skewed to one side. It's hard to explain, but it's weird. Thinking of exchanging it for something else. What do y'all think? PXL_20231129_132739261~2.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
I ordered a Schott 8325 waxed mechanic's jacket earlier this week on a whim. Received it and think it's too big/loose of a fit. Also, the front zip is not exactly centered, which makes the collar look skewed to one side. It's hard to explain, but it's weird. Thinking of exchanging it for something else. What do y'all think? View attachment 565739

Looks pretty great I think.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered a Schott 8325 waxed mechanic's jacket earlier this week on a whim. Received it and think it's too big/loose of a fit. Also, the front zip is not exactly centered, which makes the collar look skewed to one side. It's hard to explain, but it's weird. Thinking of exchanging it for something else. What do y'all think? View attachment 565739
I think it's actually quite good.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think it's actually quite good.
+1

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

I quite like it. Great color, good fit. If I wanted to nitpick, I don’t think the chest pocket adds anything to the design, but it wouldn’t bother me much either.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Sleeves are obviously too short. It would bother me. I’m bothered by shortness. Body or sleeve but sleeves especially. It’s almost always something I can’t get past no matter how much I like a jacket.
Thanks for your thoughts, I think I'm going to part ways with this one ultimately. Not just because of the sleeve length though. If I were to do that I'd be parting ways with most of my jackets and that would just be insane.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Woolrich 545 Mackinaw in a size 44 from the 1960s. I'm slowly and cautiously venturing into wool outerwear. At $100 I felt pretty comfortable with the purchase money wise. Big, goofy and rounded collar, pant sleeves and generous chest and back; but there's a comfort and fit/feel that I find undeniably appealing. Not typical fair on this thread but it's grown on me:)
PXL_20231201_202850262.TS_exported_35500.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
What's up guys. Any thoughts on whether I'm pulling off this FH SR or not? I like the fit and love the jacket but the sleeves... Always going to be an issue with me with stock jackets because of my height. I treat it with the old "don't give a shit" mentality but I secretly do care perhaps more than I ought to.

Also, this is probably not allowed but check out these engineers I just found. Likely from the 60s or 70s?

Happy Thursday. View attachment 565476 View attachment 565473 View attachment 565474 View attachment 565475
I would at least give it a shot for a while. Jacket looks terrific on you, just as you say, the sleeve a bit short (1.5 - 2"). But the rest of it is so perfect! Wear it under another one for a while, use it, enjoy it, I like that jacket. I also had a "Jimbo" lately that I finally gave to a consignment shop to sell, but darn if it wasn't one of my favorites - just with 2" too short of sleeves, and a little sort in the torso... :)

DSC_0964.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Eddie Bauer Kara Koram most likely from the 1960's or 70's with a custom fur collar. Debating selling this in case anyone wants to be really warm, PM me. Langlitz racer and Thedi vest underneath.

Happy Friday guys. View attachment 565831 View attachment 565832 View attachment 565833
I think for whatever reason in your personal style your shortish sleeve works, perhaps just wear a simple leather wristband or something around the smallest part of your wrist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic