Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Merry Christmas to you too.

Massive tree there. May I ask if it’s natural or artificial? Just curious as I wouldn’t have put a conifer in your neck of the world.
that one is artificial, but nearby there are conifer trees, the house my aunt rented few years back have several conifer trees on the back yard where I could grab a sack full of those conifer cones for xmas decoration:)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Vanson C2 again during Christmas in Mexico. Merry Christmas all!
20231225_095046.jpg
20231225_095043.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
that one is artificial, but nearby there are conifer trees, the house my aunt rented few years back have several conifer trees on the back yard where I could grab a sack full of those conifer cones for xmas decoration:)

Thanks! You learn a little every day. Enjoy the holidays!

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Spent my Christmas break travelling to North Africa err Kalimdor and visited Ogrimmar with the 618 Horse, nothing will break in a jacket faster than travelling with it. After 24 hours of dryness in the Sahara Thousand Needles, the "new horsehide" smell is gone and it just smells like regular leather. Also it squeaks now, and drapes and does not stand up on its own. Its nearing the "second skin" phase of the break in period. The gusset garter definitely is looser now. And the way the jacket is molding/the footballs loosening up, the sleeves are getting longer. Hopefully the tunneling is going to keep the length under control. The middle of the neck/collar area is still pretty stiff though.

My personal theory is that Schott is leaning towards being more fashion forward than as an actual riding jacket, it is still a great utility garment. IMHO a leather jacket is the best travel accessory, if you're cold you can layer and zip it up. Too hot? Keep it open, or roll it up and put it away. It also has a lot of pockets with a zipper to keep your passports, wallet etc. secure. The small coin pocket is ideal for, well, coins and the local currency's paper money.

I even rolled it up as a pillow during the long drive. Hell since the Sahara is cold(er) this time of year at night (40F/5C), and the Berber tents do not have heat I even slept with it on lol

Layering definitely helps when it got colder, albeit its a bit tight when I did it with the "kaftan" Would have definitely sized up if I layer a lot (been reconsidering that I should've err on this side, wouldve made sense to make the most out of the jacket). I want to say that before the sun is at the highest, the leather jacket actually kept me cool while trekking the sand dunes while on top of a camel :)

Belated Merry Christmas y'all!

/rant

Attachments

• Sahara Trip.jpg
    Sahara Trip.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 178
  • NA Trip.jpg
    NA Trip.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Spent my Christmas break travelling to North Africa err Kalimdor and visited Ogrimmar with the 618 Horse, nothing will break in a jacket faster than travelling with it. After 24 hours of dryness in the Sahara Thousand Needles, the "new horsehide" smell is gone and it just smells like regular leather. Also it squeaks now, and drapes and does not stand up on its own. Its nearing the "second skin" phase of the break in period. The gusset garter definitely is looser now. And the way the jacket is molding/the footballs loosening up, the sleeves are getting longer. Hopefully the tunneling is going to keep the length under control. The middle of the neck/collar area is still pretty stiff though.

My personal theory is that Schott is leaning towards being more fashion forward than as an actual riding jacket, it is still a great utility garment. IMHO a leather jacket is the best travel accessory, if you're cold you can layer and zip it up. Too hot? Keep it open, or roll it up and put it away. It also has a lot of pockets with a zipper to keep your passports, wallet etc. secure. The small coin pocket is ideal for, well, coins and the local currency's paper money.

I even rolled it up as a pillow during the long drive. Hell since the Sahara is cold(er) this time of year at night (40F/5C), and the Berber tents do not have heat I even slept with it on lol

Layering definitely helps when it got colder, albeit its a bit tight when I did it with the "kaftan" Would have definitely sized up if I layer a lot (been reconsidering that I should've err on this side, wouldve made sense to make the most out of the jacket). I want to say that before the sun is at the highest, the leather jacket actually kept me cool while trekking on top of a camel :)

/rant

Great write-up, great photos. And a super jacket, of course!

soundwavvves

One of the Regulars
So I rolled the dice and got my lady this RMNZ J-21 for Xmas and she loves it.

The measurements for these older RMC jackets are all over the place but this particular 34 is quite narrow in the torso and the lengths are perfect. Shoulders are a tad wide in relation to the rest of the jacket but overall I’m super happy with how the fit turned out and she’s thrilled.

Attachments

• IMG_7030.jpeg
    IMG_7030.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7059.jpeg
    IMG_7059.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7065.jpeg
    IMG_7065.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 186

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

Layering definitely helps when it got colder, albeit its a bit tight when I did it with the "kaftan" Would have definitely sized up if I layer a lot (been reconsidering that I should've err on this side, wouldve made sense to make the most out of the jacket). I want to say that before the sun is at the highest, the leather jacket actually kept me cool while trekking the sand dunes while on top of a camel :)

/rant
Tfl has now reached the full spectrum. Dirty bathroom selfies to these beautiful shots.

So I rolled the dice and got my lady this RMNZ J-21 for Xmas and she loves it.

The measurements for these older RMC jackets are all over the place but this particular 34 is quite narrow in the torso and the lengths are perfect. Shoulders are a tad wide in relation to the rest of the jacket but overall I’m super happy with how the fit turned out and she’s thrilled.
That fits perfectly and suits her to a T! Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters