Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
These colours are amazing. Really dig those pants. What are those?

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -
Thanks A-1. I think the camera might have been pushing the greens a little bit today. The pants are Lands' End and the labels say Classic Clothing and Tailored Fit. Not sure if one of those is the line or not. They are quite a large yarn, coarse cotton. If I ever saw any more I would pick them up for sure, as I really like them too.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
So I got this jacket today and I'm wearing it this evening. LL Bean goatskin bomber type. So I'm posting it here.
DSCN5190 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5193 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But what I really have is a couple of questions, mostly of the form is this wearably too big or unwearably too big. Ha ha.
DSCN5187 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5194 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It's an older model with all wool knits and the one piece back and made in the USA.

So should I keep or pass on?

Thanks,
Michael

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
So I got this jacket today and I'm wearing it this evening. LL Bean goatskin bomber type. So I'm posting it here.
But what I really have is a couple of questions, mostly of the form is this wearably too big or unwearably too big. Ha ha.
It's an older model with all wool knits and the one piece back and made in the USA.

Thanks,
Michael

I think it looks good on you. I'd keep it.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
I've been back visiting the US these past few days. In NYC right now, had my old BMW sorted out after a long time in storage, got to take it out for a proper spin earlier today. Sporting my very new V7 armored leather moto jacket. It's a collaboration between Vanson and my buddies at Union Garage NYC. I'll wear it a bit and then do a proper write up about it. Loving it so far. Comes in comp weight black and this limited edition oxblood (not octagon). Neat moto-specific subtle details that make for a great package.

Further details and cool "making of" video here: http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/featured/union-garage-v7-jacket

IMG_4323.JPG

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I've been back visiting the US these past few days. In NYC right now, had my old BMW sorted out after a long time in storage, got to take it out for a proper spin earlier today. Sporting my very new V7 armored leather moto jacket. It's a collaboration between Vanson and my buddies at Union Garage NYC. I'll wear it a bit and then do a proper write up about it. Loving it so far. Comes in comp weight black and this limited edition oxblood (not octagon). Neat moto-specific subtle details that make for a great package.

Further details and neat "making" video here: http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/featured/union-garage-v7-jacket

View attachment 87575
Nice. Very nice. Super color and fit.

And thanks for the vote.

Michael

HanauMan

Practically Family

Thanks,
Michael

I think that the jacket looks just fine on you. I'm guessing that you're referring to the sleeve length? That wouldn't bother me and would mean reaching for things above your head wouldn't result in a sleeve left half way up your arm, which is a good thing.
I have always worn L.L.Bean clothing items and that jacket is a nice item, being Made in USA is a bonus too. The color is great as well. So, a keeper for sure. Nice find.

Further details and cool "making of" video here: http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/featured/union-garage-v7-jacket

View attachment 87575
You got th oxblood!?! You lucky ba***rd!!! Oh man that's a perfect jacket man. Please give a full/pictorial review!! I want that jacket so damn bad and seeing you in it has all but SEALED the deal. Your pic confirms all that I suspected it would be. Anxiously awaiting your detailed synopsis!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
@2wheelgrplr that is a sharp looking jacket and love that BMW too. BMW has made their cycles with the cylinders placed horizontally rather than vertically for as long as I can remember. Man, you have arrived!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice one Michael. They are harder to get these days and well made. What size?
Thanks Seb. It's in very good shape. It's a 44 long. Depending on the era and the cut I wear anything from a 38 to a 42, and at 6 feet tall the occasional long is okay too. So this would be at the outer limit of something I would even try on.

Thanks,
Michael

I think that the jacket looks just fine on you. I'm guessing that you're referring to the sleeve length? That wouldn't bother me and would mean reaching for things above your head wouldn't result in a sleeve left half way up your arm, which is a good thing.
I have always worn L.L.Bean clothing items and that jacket is a nice item, being Made in USA is a bonus too. The color is great as well. So, a keeper for sure. Nice find.

Thanks for the vote HanauMan. The sleeves and a bit of the body length too. I will say it is comfortable to move around in. It's certainly not a close fitting jacket though. ha ha. It does appear to be very well made and they spared no expense on the leather with the one piece back and full length sleeve cuts. It's basically 3 pieces of leather for the body and 4 for the sleeves. They go through a lot of hides using those big cuts.

Today another somewhat too big jacket. Mid Western Sport Togs deerskin blazer
DSCN5208 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

It's some great autumn weather here today. Hope it's a fine Friday where you are,
Michael

bluesforchallah

Practically Family

Thanks,
Michael

Keep it.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family

View attachment 87575

Wicked cool, man. I was looking hard at those, the oxblood especially, but with the Langlitz purchase earlier this year, it ain't happenin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy