Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

kowalski

Practically Family

Attachments

• P1110643.JPG
    P1110643.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 256
  • P1110646.JPG
    P1110646.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 250
  • P1110647.JPG
    P1110647.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 249
  • P1110648.JPG
    P1110648.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 252
  • P1110649.JPG
    P1110649.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 246

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
Have been away for a while. Just got a new jacket from Aeroleather, one I have been thinking about quite a while. I always liked the Highwayman, but the boxy cut also made me think "this is not for you". Now I decided to follow Aero's advice to size one down, from my regular 48" to 46". All measures given to assure a trim fit (maybe a bit too much, though ;-)). The hide is Cordovan FQHH, lining a nice Lochcarron Tartan that compliments the reddish-brown of the leather. I ordered one inner pocket opposite the outer one and no stormcuffs.
_DSF3475_zpsv6rw2qzu.jpg

_DSF3476_zps4mbazdoh.jpg

here's a nice view on the Tartan, which I like quite a bit. Beautiful stuff!
_DSF3478_zpskrwoupxs.jpg

I guess the jacket will sagg a bit once the leather becomes softer, this might give me 1/2" in length. The shoulders also should be fine after some wear.
Actually, I'm very pleased with the fit. It is trim and short and that's fine. Fits like a glove, to be precise... ;-)

Congrats , very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
104 in the shade today!!!!

98 degrees in Oakland today, too hot to wear any jacket. Gave me a chance to soak the Himel Heron in the sun, try and get rid of the weird smell. Sure is a beautiful jacket. Emailed Himel, they said "Honestly any sewer could reattach those buttons as for the smell..try fabreeze spray". I am assuming they meant on the lining only and not the leather What does everyone use on the leather, Pecard or something? Should I treat the leather?

OK, this should probably be on another thread, sorry if I am not following proper forum protocol.

Here are some fit pics of the Jacket I would have worn today. I have been told I have serious high water sleeves and should consider trading this in. What do you guys think. Even though I haven't actually worn it yet, the more I see it and try it on, the more I love it. But how bad are the short sleeves? Ok guys, lets hear it!

IMG_3412.JPG
IMG_3342.JPG
IMG_3341.JPG

zebedee

One Too Many
The sleeves are fine. If you were really bothered by them, you could soak the sleeves in warm water and then clothes peg hang some weights on them (not too heavy) and then let the weights stretch the sleeves slightly. Won't hurt the jacket.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The sleeves are fine. If you were really bothered by them, you could soak the sleeves in warm water and then clothes peg hang some weights on them (not too heavy) and then let the weights stretch the sleeves slightly. Won't hurt the jacket.
Cool Idea. I'm still learning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo