Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
There's just something about that jacket.....it's as if it really was made JUST for you. Looks great!

Loosing weight got me into that jacket. It feels great now. Really an impressive little no name that feels great on. It does need to be watched. I'm planning a Half-belt Round-Up Video, Old and New, side by side.

B0yTNYxiAkYfWiuIj40Um_2WhvwkkjvwAAfcF_XDWHX_WyS8_6GftDRW9JNMSu0f89KJVebkyISVGejUXHVrvQyXwwkf2kfSLhDw-S0Q9YCZ_umhG1RKQ41ZdTAWQJlM3Qi2DpoH5KuhK9jpRjV6oXR7E3sE5Hd8ligscwPRi4G0gAk7I2jvxq_jQocvLR_jGjPTCjjfNcjldm7QJ6JrR3tghaMUOJJI2UhXcFjLHQI74Yx6VtOZfQQXm0cXG8dr6p1vSh_0Gd_6IULUB428V_XhT4qrqYzE5hU7MfHePfRdKmxxlEDge9J6lJB3CgjW2x-XOhsur_NrtwXJajgT_AjfcksUf7MYVrJoBwm5n-K-oMnXTS5bTcA9KT7xY4GfY50TmSkJhmIiVF9KARV5IoG2cQTNCIm52nb3rVWmqlOV0OZyApdPuau-GO3CoyvPQ_FKDpDSZAIEso9K_LNa9pfL5Wu3sWSXsaJmd8NuAipdRNz6fKaGT1MwniwJSCOQFwGPm59XQXlgSRugAGkokK7k4aFeOFbrJOZhSUjjDBkl7m7LkxdUX68WTuK8H8uI3nZJfg=w979-h650-no

XPSYoPuBKCySsaRXXEoBVL8b9BqeVd3mXKHFhwSE7DACPKVn9QwSknUeWtI0ME7cSxCn9u3pfjcXM-Rrbdq5x6pkOiyxO6OlJFAmBLKmdamuhjuu1ea9yZMjntlaeQwgwFIV6eQEXQRjOKLP4vjDkUTRnE4L6VyOzxub4K0q4Z2ilIK_lxGvpZ36vo5ZXZI-5ldiRVZGhgMd_UOWuktxto8EsqRWo8Ve4FUJ6dKMNVi1ATdVAWYcXOGIXPzqmBxv_YQQratzQPdJBzkUkak8lEhcT4X0bN1SFinknGB0mAsJxV-1rbI6zS0o9pINsHHPzeeSxkn7CtMhLIkiMjx43fBTVjGx3d3U8v97Pwa0J-jb1e0_qC858aVQV3WHIh8ikJ3AHxLsFb3vpzIKPY0AUG4KnAymleEYgWJI-e6za6qEBoQfp5kzhURInVl15f6Mpi2kISJ8XkuAQk8O46i9WEgY3P-kYUPcPXZLNuEjHMRYuryiHCPVEyHRHK1-BDKZ2B8XlgGVcBzJAC3CaZe_SyfpldzF0qdsVIZ3o2HzwQ2Rk6FoMCn8Ym_2msjlyz4Hwx_gJg=w979-h650-no

PraG56bNgjxNsAKTwZxbWTPFGr1Du_rN1qhiM1G6lnOxfNt_EASsLfpyPlTtOgBXlJSFLAhfnbLUWSHfB874dOvXZOVNxtew0YxmzRo6Pt4GEjwmzm4UjS0MrXEfe2joiGi8WeaCXOa4g3EhR1xeIqIdNR2jQJhMoL3Qx-Cyg_rX3pIipqzqwXVjNe4zrv24Tco3SxbYw2zqbQ10cDk0b0Ke4ZSlg4DafBgk4MrlG3u3cqlMyDJ_Ue5zn6G9IIMRMUgQA-TugGmDyeVoS9GH62IUh58zm80fB_aPD8dXZvfNJPgBQ0nPv2hIi8FhPdWvvESM0VexZZPB8MnpOgSAgLjMbNnOeAhUaNIImU8ZkOwlPAOcrKLkAPHhs51-9mIpjYMF8kwHOBPZrfIm_3gr3j_zw-eH-ZJd894UCxqAwGpqaP72OivPF5Ixk1k1ZJHRBHrY8J5YT3-34cYrx6JorBNwxc-w_urwl_iQvGV8WS_y0Z6oLIjfJoWPKUE2Y8CNpLW6dkFcQMo6GhxbYiKrhtBd4XdczPdpNpfAaL4HkEgcVUAMh4D7YDxxHsWvY6x--C-Kfg=w979-h650-no

3oHUbP3EVMW5RDsBZ2-8_yX-AovOf1GL-CNgHoky489YD0zwph3GbV_-rjZ-RBc3CR4xHLhvfsfBeF68YNUgmxMpVu_i4OhG1aL94IHSto313vJcWElfKlT53HchYbTtzl6_6NUgQR1CzEqlx8I66rZdzj4e4sxQgMmy0cRDtWG1UhcWDFUEiLA5H7gPOOxV7wayfeYklqDkg8V9pMt6ZA4GQb7BB3eWVMrDbYn4Nler_qLEgJ5L5LcJCDtmkCKepMH3RMDhAkTIY0w0-1njgBRWE09NThUrCwqQTGfjh_KxmiML4I5CrHbRnKNGZ2LYAaLi4_GtNzlhuKfk8Keiax3DyiAmVyD2Q7LGOxU84PX8ad6XorzlemgS790P7GS6dVz0DqFfdBk1o2QRDTBqJfqoiR-XUKuSA1BrF0qlnV03YczH01Zo8Wlwv7eqzPYj1Tlxkds0_HZyIMDjcbAIvazjJ-bbUCLw34YaKGmstZKJd7yg2f5mzlcGSlyoXBbmdMazNnan4XSd6L-2FcFy8PjAV7rlwwCbCN4kgnram5Cu3NrQ_OzngAIozAsTSRn5fBKVHA=w979-h650-no

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
These days I'm wearing my new ELC A2 Pearl Harbor I won at Ebay from a fellow lounger. I listened to your advice and went for a 40 after trying one in person in London and accepting it is my size. The arms could be bit longer I'm very happy with it! I don't know if it is horsehide or steerhide, I got confused after looking for the model on ELC website.

gglYa0T.jpg
l2Pujhm.jpg

It's very comfortable and I can move but the fit is tight. It really pairs well with high waisted trousers. I really need to wash those LVC and hem them.

I have my eyes on the ELC Eric Hartmann that I had the chance to try in person...that capeskin is just so soft and the style is fantastic.

pawineguy

One Too Many
These days I'm wearing my new ELC A2 Pearl Harbor I won at Ebay from a fellow lounger. I listened to your advice and went for a 40 after trying one in person in London and accepting it is my size. The arms could be bit longer I'm very happy with it! I don't know if it is horsehide or steerhide, I got confused after looking for the model on ELC website.

It's very comfortable and I can move but the fit is tight. It really pairs well with high waisted trousers. I really need to wash those LVC and hem them.

I have my eyes on the ELC Eric Hartmann that I had the chance to try in person...that capeskin is just so soft and the style is fantastic.

Agree that the arms are a little bit too short but it's a really beautiful jacket and there are many who prefer the sleeves that length. Certainly it's historically correct as we see in older photos that if you had long arms during WW2, you were going to have sleeves that didn't even reach your wrists. Congratulations on a very nice purchase.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

gglYa0T.jpg
l2Pujhm.jpg

The jacket looks great, but are you sure you want to hem the LVC's? I hadn't worn my jeans with cuffs since I was a little nipper, but when I received a few pairs not too long ago I cuffed them, temporarily as I thought then, but because of my general laziness and procrastination never got around to the hemming. Now I prefer them this way.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'd love to see that!

It will be done. It will take a ton of work. Probably involve a cast of 20 old and new. It will take some thought. I do want to do one segment with California Sportswear labels. I'll start rounding them up and get some ideas. do you have any thoughts?

willyto

One Too Many
Those are the LVC pantaloons aren't they? I have a pair that needs hemming and some suspender/braces buttons added.
Actually they are LVC 501XX 1890 which are wide leg jeans and very high waisted. The LVC 1878 Pantaloons are almost a slim fit and lower on the waist I have also a pair but I prefer the ones I'm wearing in the picture. Also the denim of the Pantaloon isn't as good as this one for my taste.

Agree that the arms are a little bit too short but it's a really beautiful jacket and there are many who prefer the sleeves that length. Certainly it's historically correct as we see in older photos that if you had long arms during WW2, you were going to have sleeves that didn't even reach your wrists. Congratulations on a very nice purchase.

Thank you! I definetely felt that the arms were on the short side but it doesn't really bother me at all. I actually looked around for pictures from WW2 to see if they looked too short and I saw many pilots wearing their jackets with similar lenght on their arms. Since everyone has different arm lenght a standard jacket will fit very different on each different person.

What I noticed is that the knit cuffs are waved different on this particular model than on my goatskin one so they are looser.

The jacket looks great, but are you sure you want to hem the LVC's? I hadn't worn my jeans with cuffs since I was a little nipper, but when I received a few pairs not too long ago I cuffed them, temporarily as I thought then, but because of my general laziness and procrastination never got around to the hemming. Now I prefer them this way.
What I actually wanted to mean was that I need to wash them to shrink them a bit and cutt just a bit of excess lenght on the leg if there is any left. Right now they're definetely too long and the cuff is too think and heavy so I expect them to shrink a bit and then I'll decide what to do. I like my jeans with a bit of cuff, otherwise I feel strange wearing them.

I grabbed this pair on a local store that was closing down and got a nice deal on them, basically half the price.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's exactly what I was thinking, but, as usual, lethargy and laziness prevailed. Besides, I'm now convinced they're more "authentic" this way.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Well went for a cold ride today roughly 75 miles in what my daughter used to call a "trick sun", I came in got off the bike took a very long hot shower and thought, "I wonder if this LW looks like it's breaking in"? So my wife made a couple of shots. Comfortable yes patina not yet. Still needs a few more bugs flying into it a 75 mph..but there are a few crease marks. The collar is warm on the bike and still the best riding jacket I have for cold riding.
DSC_0026_zpsy3o353ic.jpg
DSC_0029_zpsedzwt0vm.jpg

mr_lits

A-List Customer
With temps in the 40s again up here I get to break out the warmer weather leathers again. Took the GW J100 out today and went out to the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Fest, happening downtown. Everyone was dressed to the nines in furs... would fit in better with the crowd in a sheepskin today.
IMG_4166.JPG

pawineguy

One Too Many
With temps in the 40s again up here I get to break out the warmer weather leathers again. Took the GW J100 out today and went out to the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Fest, happening downtown. Everyone was dressed to the nines in furs... would fit in better with the crowd in a sheepskin today.

Looking good, did you spec a larger zipper for the main zip?

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Somewhere Up Near Tottenham and Orangeville in the rolling hills and Valleys that start the Niagra escarpment as part of a trail that Joins to the Bruce Trail.

Catching up with an old friend from school punk band I havent Seen in many a year.

Frozen Waterfall. Beer. Dogs. Flight Hat and N-2B Jacket, Combat boots and pants getting real use.

What a lovely Day.

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 43.jpg