Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Beast 1.JPG

Beast 3.JPG
Beast 2.JPG

Basically brand new jacket. Gonna take a lot of wear to break in this steer, and it doesn't get that cold here.

Ok, pretty much done with the jacket rabbit hole, though I have a Mariner in the mail, and I'm looking for a 60s vintage black car coat, plus I just gotta buy the new Aero Type 3 in midnight blue when it comes out.

Went down the boot rabbit hole. Did Fry engineers (i'm cheap), Durango packers, Woverine 1000 mile, and have Redwing Heritage Beckman in the mail.

Did the whole raw selvage denim jeans hole too. RRLs (gotta get them tailored), LVC 501XXZ, Unbranded 14.5 oz. Lee 101Z 19 oz., and the Gustin indigo finally arrived,

Now I'm into the hat hole. Got an Akubra Stylmaster in the mail. Gotta think about a Montecristo next, and of course I've been wearing the same Donegal Tweed cap for 25 years. Time to upgrade.

Next, watches.

All dressed up and no where to go.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sadly, jacket weather is over here until, well, more than likely May. So I'm half enjoying myself/half torturing myself seeing all the great jackets you guys have got and trying to console myself with the knowledge that it's Hawaiian shirt time in Sydney. I know not everyone appreciates the finer points of a good jacket like we do, but still, seeing all your pics makes me think surely all you guys, Nick, Tony, Thor, Case, Monitor et al must be stopped in the street every second minute with someone asking about your exceptional jackets.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about the blurry pictures. I will figure it out eventually. Man, I got a great deal on this Hercules too, even with the zipper replacement. The only problem is it isn't that cold here. But i'm heading to the Sangre de Cristo mountains sooner or later.
I know you love those heavy jackets. Its pretty cool.
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 94537
View attachment 94539 View attachment 94540
Basically brand new jacket. Gonna take a lot of wear to break in this steer, and it doesn't get that cold here.

Ok, pretty much done with the jacket rabbit hole, though I have a Mariner in the mail, and I'm looking for a 60s vintage black car coat, plus I just gotta buy the new Aero Type 3 in midnight blue when it comes out.

Went down the boot rabbit hole. Did Fry engineers (i'm cheap), Durango packers, Woverine 1000 mile, and have Redwing Heritage Beckman in the mail.

Did the whole raw selvage denim jeans hole too. RRLs (gotta get them tailored), LVC 501XXZ, Unbranded 14.5 oz. Lee 101Z 19 oz., and the Gustin indigo finally arrived,

Now I'm into the hat hole. Got an Akubra Stylmaster in the mail. Gotta think about a Montecristo next, and of course I've been wearing the same Donegal Tweed cap for 25 years. Time to upgrade.

Next, watches.

All dressed up and no where to go.
Denim and boots i've had covered for a while. The jacket thing is new to me. However, as a recovering watch guy, all I can say is DON'T DO IT! You can get 5 great jackets for the cost of 1 watch. Pick 1 nice watch by sight. Do not research. Do not fall into the internet rabbit hole. Do not learn about movements. Stay away. Watches are crack cocaine to boots/jackets weed.

@Mysteryo Dude, instead of another priceless relic, what you need to do now is seriously need to invest into a better camera and take some more photos of your jackets for us mortals to get a little closer to these things that dreams are made of.

Sadly, jacket weather is over here until, well, more than likely May. So I'm half enjoying myself/half torturing myself seeing all the great jackets you guys have got and trying to console myself with the knowledge that it's Hawaiian shirt time in Sydney. I know not everyone appreciates the finer points of a good jacket like we do, but still, seeing all your pics makes me think surely all you guys, Nick, Tony, Thor, Case, Monitor et al must be stopped in the street every second minute with someone asking about your exceptional jackets.

Of all the jackets I've had, the only one that got a compliment was a Vanson House. During my stay in Canada, some guy stopped me in a museum and told me it's a really cool jacket. I won't forget his gf rolling her eyes at him but I won't lie, it did made me happy. That's it. Oh, right, there was also this one girl that commented on one of my jackets but later on I learned that she kinda liked me so naturally that doesn't count because if she didn't, she never in a million years would have even noticed the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy