Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whaea did you get it?
I bought a Trinity tweed flat cap.
IMG_3054.jpg

El Marro

I ordered it through weaversofireland.com. I found a few places online that carry them, including Amazon of course. This site has a good selection and they except PayPal which is always a plus for me

Went down to mildblend to have my new Gustin's hemmed ( they're ok, nothing terribly special but nice). Had a wonderful chat with the owner and tried on 3 different Himmel's. A Canuck(horse) shawl collared a-1(cow) and a cross zip(goat) I hadn't seen before.
Wore my Aero which he loved and said he has plans to try and stock a few in store. Sadly I broke the zip on the d pocket of my j106 but thanks to my wife's vintage jewelry collection I fixed it right up and now I'm thinking of customizing all the pulls. I haven't taken the plunge on the handwarmer yet but I'm digging this wee pocket knife.
I guess this is what you do while you wait for your next jacket to come in?
IMG_6988.JPG
IMG_6990.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Went down to mildblend to have my new Gustin's hemmed ( they're ok, nothing terribly special but nice). Had a wonderful chat with the owner and tried on 3 different Himmel's. A Canuck(horse) shawl collared a-1(cow) and a cross zip(goat) I hadn't seen before.
Wore my Aero which he loved and said he has plans to try and stock a few in store. Sadly I broke the zip on the d pocket of my j106 but thanks to my wife's vintage jewelry collection I fixed it right up and now I'm thinking of customizing all the pulls. I haven't taken the plunge on the handwarmer yet but I'm digging this wee pocket knife.
View attachment 95153 View attachment 95154
\

Speaking of zippers, I was having trouble with my SB roadster getting stuck and not zipping up at the bottom. Worked the leather a bit to soften it up in case it was too tight, as the zipper was catching around the waist seam. Then put soap on the zipper to try and lube it up, and make it zip easier. Checked the teeth, nothing seems out of line or bent. Now the zipper is coming apart at the bottom when zipped up. The insertion pin is coming out of the box stop, and the tape is starting to fray at the very bottom also. I took a pair of pliers and pinched the box stop together a tiny bit, and rubbed some pencil graphite on the zipper to try and lube it some more. It is 3oz. Horween, and a #8 zipper. Think it is going to require a #10 replacement? Any ideas? The zippers seem to be the achiles heel for these heavier hides. BTW this is what i'm wearing today, unzipped.

Roadster unzipped.JPG

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 95153 View attachment 95154
I spent some time there yesterday kicking tires while my son was skateboarding at Logan and Western. It was a bit of a black Friday madhouse. Very nice people. I could lose a paycheck there no problem. I handled the shawl collar too. I would like to see them stock some Aero products so I could see them in person. However, i get the impression they don't move a lot of leather jackets.

I spent some time there yesterday kicking tires while my son was skateboarding at Logan and Western. It was a bit of a black Friday madhouse. Very nice people. I could lose a paycheck there no problem. I handled the shawl collar too. I would like to see them stock some Aero products so I could see them in person. However, i get the impression they don't move a lot of leather jackets.
I think they sold most of the mid range sizes, but I agree. It's a denim shop primarily. I had to get out. The Himmel goat was so freaking insane. It was more like mountain goat or some kind of rage filled ram. My mouth was watering a bit. Very distinct hide and crazy red brown color.

El Marro

\

Speaking of zippers, I was having trouble with my SB roadster getting stuck and not zipping up at the bottom. Worked the leather a bit to soften it up in case it was too tight, as the zipper was catching around the waist seam. Then put soap on the zipper to try and lube it up, and make it zip easier. Checked the teeth, nothing seems out of line or bent. Now the zipper is coming apart at the bottom when zipped up. The insertion pin is coming out of the box stop, and the tape is starting to fray at the very bottom also. I took a pair of pliers and pinched the box stop together a tiny bit, and rubbed some pencil graphite on the zipper to try and lube it some more. It is 3oz. Horween, and a #8 zipper. Think it is going to require a #10 replacement? Any ideas? The zippers seem to be the achiles heel for these heavier hides. BTW this is what i'm wearing today, unzipped.

View attachment 95183
Jonesy,
The zipper on my Aero Bootlegger failed and I had it replaced with a #8 riri. I think a #8 should be perfectly adequate for your SB as long as it is a good quality zipper.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I think it is SBs standard zipper. Don’t know what that is. Have a Riri on my SB Memphis works like a charm. The Shinki is much lighter. Just have to handle the roadster zipper delicately, see what happens. If it stops working, then off to Johnson Leathers for a #10 YKK. And so It goes.

I think it is SBs standard zipper. Don’t know what that is. Have a Riri on my SB Memphis works like a charm. The Shinki is much lighter. Just have to handle the roadster zipper delicately, see what happens. If it stops working, then off to Johnson Leathers for a #10 YKK. And so It goes.
Alan could throw #8 riri on there for ya. That's what my JL had and it was flawless.

Superfluous

^^^That’s about as cool as it gets @nick123

While I completely agree, I must say that the jackets that are displayed on this forum each and every day consistently blow my mind. The diversity, quality and fits are getting better and better. Whether it be military, civilian, moto or workwear, TFL crushes it daily. Its awe-inspiring!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy