• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Prote, I think that may be the coolest jacket I've seen you in.

2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd Call Me a Cab

@Seb Lucas thanks, it’s taken me way too long to finally grab one.....I should have done it years ago!

3. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Fit is exactly as it should be!

AbbaDatDeHat and ProteinNerd like this.
  4. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Washing it might have actually improved the hide!! Perfect fit PN. Hard to beat the cut of a Brooks CR. Or j-100 as the eBay likes to call them:)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    AbbaDatDeHat and ProteinNerd like this.
  5. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Incredible, I need sunglasses... it didn’t last...
    Today, my Lost Worlds Peacoat

[​IMG]

6. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous leather!!

SpeedRcrX likes this.
  7. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

The Lost Worlds one is my favorite from all the goatskins I have handled

triple-d likes this.
  8. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

@SpeedRcrX
    Sporty-elegant leather, understatement. I Like it!

SpeedRcrX likes this.
  9. Michael A

Michael A My Mail is Forwarded Here

I agree about the long-johns and I had them on. I don't find the mobility too bad. The comfort level does depend on how much heat you are putting out. They are made to be worked in and not standing around in. But I find my heat output varies from day to day and some days I need more insulating clothes and some days less to be comfortable at temperatures like this. Yesterday seemed to be a low heat output day for me and while my bottom half was cool, but good, I was still cold on the top half. And since I had a half hour walk in the wind to run some errands I changed over to this Moncler down.
    [​IMG]DSCN7841 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
    That did the job, but even so I was colder than I was a week or so ago when I was out on an even longer walk at temps that were 15 degrees colder. Low heat output day for me. I like the bibs a lot and wear them around the house and outside. I keep my rooms quite cool in the winter and usually wear my heavy wool hunting pants, or the Filson bibs or one of several wool ex-military pants all winter long inside or out.

Thanks,
    Michael

Boyo, El Marro, Phil Silv3rs and 9 others like this.
  10. Leither

Leither New in Town

Breaking in my new Aero black FQHH board racer.
    Thank you Denny, Julie and the great Aero team. I love it.
    The stable is full for a while...maybe,
    N
    20180112_172409.jpg 20180112_172354.jpg

RobertK, Vezio, johnnycanuck and 30 others like this.
  11. Michael A

Another very cold day here. Switched from Filson to all Woolrich today
    [​IMG]1-13-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
    With mackinaw, vest, shirt and breeches all manufactured by them at various periods of time. Don't think I'm going to spend much time outside today. If I can avoid it.

Have a great Saturday,
    Michael

12. JMax

JMax One of the Regulars

vanson commando. gonna be a day of riding and debauchery.

ton312 and roadking04 like this.
  13. HanauMan

HanauMan One of the Regulars

A very Edwardian look, and a great look.

When I lived in Bavaria I saw loads of folk wearing these types of breeches for hiking, teamed with big leather hiking boots. Only thing with yours, shouldn't the fasteners on the knees be a tad tighter?

Al

Michael A likes this.
  14. Michael A

Thanks Al. Yes, the bottoms were a tad loose. It was early in the morning. Ha ha. Actually they have velcro fasteners that I'm not altogether happy with. I may change them to buttons or hooks, or at least try to optimize them. They are a Woolrich item that I think was sold for cross country skiing back in the '80s. I have worn them before with some big Italian hiking/mountaineering boots in the past, but favored the sheepskin in this cold weather.

Michael

HanauMan likes this.
  15. Fonzie

Fonzie A-List Customer

Awesome fit and jacket! It really suits you too.
    I’m glad you posted this as that is exactly the jacket I’m planning next.
    It’s great to see it in the wild first, I wasn’t sure about the CXL with this slim fit model.
    After talking to Handymike about his CXL Seven and seeing this one in you I’m ready to go for it, but in Black CXL steerhide.

Did you change sizes compared with your Sheene?
    My Sheene is size 38 and I was thinking on ordering a size 40 on this model, have you got any tips about sizing this jacket?

Congratulations on a stellar jacket/fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ton312, ProteinNerd and Leither like this.
  16. Leither

Leither New in Town

Thank you. I'm delighted with the fit. It is close fitting but totally comfortable. It's a 42 like my sheene and plainsman. I only want to wear a teeshirt or shirt under it. It's designed to be snug I believe. The other 2 jackets will allow a sweater. I'm 6'1" and have a runner's build.
    I was worrying bit before I collected it at Aero as lots of advice is to size up but I liked the 42 BR that I tried on when I ordered and wanted the racing shirt fit.
    I also looked at the measurement numbers on Thurston's stock BRs on their website for reassurance.
    The jacket is a board racer configured like a buco j100 in black CXL FQHH with olive stitching and OD cotton lining. Nickel hardware.
    Delighted. Superb service, advice and banter from Denny and the team as usual. Always a great visit.

A-1, AeroFan_07, AbbaDatDeHat and 2 others like this.
  17. Leither

Leither New in Town

20180112_172348.jpg
    Soon I'll repair and paint the pull up bar marks on my door frame. Shocking procrastination.

Vezio, johnnycanuck, Boyo and 7 others like this.
  18. Leither

Leither New in Town

20180112_172400.jpg

RobertK, Vezio, johnnycanuck and 9 others like this.
  19. Fonzie

Fonzie A-List Customer

Thanks for the info, I’m not sure what to do now as I’d like a snug fit but was advised that CXL is uncomfortable in too slim jacket.
    Food for thought, as your jacket fits perfect.
    Maybe I’ll go for a 38 then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. navetsea

navetsea One Too Many

[​IMG]
    been wearing it nonstop since I post the first pic few days back, more broken in (well not quite) at least more natural looking creases around the body panel, it's church day and leather jacket weather what can go wrong right... I just hope sitting in the church for 2 hrs won't make those infamous vertigo crisis? vertical crazies? creases :eek::confused: oh noes

johnnycanuck, BobJ, Boyo and 13 others like this.