Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Technonut

Practically Family
Had a chance to wear my Aero AN-J-3 yesterday evening, and VERY early this morning for walks to the store (medium rain both times). Damn, did the rain make a nice difference so far IMO. :) It was like new, and now is loosening-up quite nicely. This is some substantial goat, the arms are creasing-up like a HH jacket. May even have an edge to the Indian goat I had in a couple of A-2's from GW IIRC:

DSCF0538 (2).jpg

DSCF0544 (2).jpg

DSCF0542 (2).jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fairly certain it's cow.
I second that. I own two Langlitz jackets, both medium weight cowhide, and they look very similar to the Cascade you posted Corky. I see more of the creasing I associate with cowhide than that even pebbling that I associate with goat. either way looks like a great jacket!

technovox

One Too Many
Marked 1983 in the pocket. Medium weight cowhide in dark chocolate brown. Smells like Langlitz. Bought from a seller technovox and wondered if it was our @technovox ? Wondered if it was too tight then saw the fit pictures. View attachment 121180 View attachment 121181 View attachment 121182
Yep. I sold you that one. Shucks- I should have just posted it on TFL, but I typically don’t see a lot of interest in vintage Langlitz jackets here. Honestly, I also wasn’t sure if it was goat or cowhide. The hide was thicker than goat and it didn’t have the pebbly look of my goatskin Cascade. But it also didn’t have the stiffness of my Langlitz cowhide. And before I could call Scott at Langlitz and have him look it up, it was sold.
Either way, it’s a good looking jacket, in amazing shape for being around for 35 years, and I would have kept it if it only fit. I’m glad it went to a good home! Looks good on you!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Measurements as requested: Carhartt Detroit Medium Tall. Pit to Pit - just under 23 inches; sleeve 27 inches; shoulder 19.5 inches; back length 27.5 inches, front zip 25 inches. These are probably my ideal measurements for a half-belt too.

Australia unfortunately produces no workwear jackets of any kind that aren't made of florescent nylon.

seres

A-List Customer
Those Carhartt jackets are outstanding, and so under-appreciated by most people!

I’ve been wearing the Santa Fe style jacket, and it’s replacement the Bankston style, about 8 to 9 months a year, for almost 15 years! Not the same jacket-- I work hard on the farm, and they only last a year or two.

They are cut in a “roomy” fit, and at 6’ 1” I wear a medium regular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara