Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanson A2

oIdMqZUh.jpg

casechopper

I don't actually know since I bought it used. It's a thick grainy leather but doesn't feel like the competition weight octagon brown T3 Vanson that I have. This feels lighter and more pebbled in texture.

^ Hey, with Model E - or any Vanson for that matter - you never need to worry about whether it's raining, snowing or hailing. Best jackets ever, 11/10 fit.

Here is a Video for you. I forget to mention the jacket has the outline of a racing number on the back, a faint ghost of the past.

It's beautiful to see one in a full motion video. Don't seem so light, though - maybe in comparison to some other jackets but seems just fine to me. Leather's so nice... It's got some grain, too. Still can't get over not winning that one on eBay, even though it was a more recent one, with the black and red label. Man, you're lucky...

There's one being sold locally for $800. Brown one, apparently from some Jackie Chan movie.

ProteinNerd

I keep telling you monitor, there are plenty on eBay. Just use a shipping service if actual seller won't ship to your country.

tropicalbob

Terry, have you noticed any difference in the quality of the leathers between, say, the 70's one and the later ones? Also, how are the fits on them? I'm about a 38, but sometimes the CR's tend to run a bit tight. Looking at the one in your video, I'm seriously checking out Ebay. BTW, that Winner Garment I got from you turned out to be such a winner that my wife came back from up north and immediately commandeered it. Thanks a lot.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, have you noticed any difference in the quality of the leathers between, say, the 70's one and the later ones? Also, how are the fits on them? I'm about a 38, but sometimes the CR's tend to run a bit tight. Looking at the one in your video, I'm seriously checking out Ebay. BTW, that Winner Garment I got from you turned out to be such a winner that my wife came back from up north and immediately commandeered it. Thanks a lot.

The Brooks pictured here is probably 60s. The early 70s were the light tan. They were both were much heavier leather than the CR pictured here. I also had a black 70s that had the lighter hide. These are more Racing Shirts, that weight and fit. Crisp hide. That Winner Garmet is quite the jacket. As to fit. This style is not for everyone. I've had several other brands, but this has been my favorite.

tropicalbob

The Brooks pictured here is probably 60s. The early 70s were the light tan. They were both were much heavier leather than the CR pictured here. I also had a black 70s that had the lighter hide. These are more Racing Shirts, that weight and fit. Crisp hide. That Winner Garmet is quite the jacket. As to fit. This style is not for everyone. I've had several other brands, but this has been my favorite.
Thanks, that clears up a couple of things. There seem to be enough of them on the bay that I can take my time until I find a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner