Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Pak: What kind of person doesn't go out sliding in their backyard every morning...? :cool:

I have a lot of small kids so my backyard looks like park's playground.

Vanson T3 today

WKRhsCPh.jpg

Can't recall if someone already asked this, but what are those boots??

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have Iron Rangers - Black and they have been my primary "Dress Shoe" for 3 years. Still durable and comfortable. Any idea the hide Red Wing used on them?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Red Wing's black iron rangers are made from their black harness leather. It's the same leather as on the engineer boots I posted above. It's a thick oil tanned cowhide. Red Wing gets all of their leather from their own tannery (S. B. Foot Tanning Company).

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking jacket Ton, are you sure its a 654? I don't know much about the various Schott models but as far as I can see, the 654 doesnt seem to have the slanted chest pockets that look so cool on yours.

Great looking jacket Ton, are you sure its a 654? I don't know much about the various Schott models but as far as I can see, the 654 doesnt seem to have the slanted chest pockets that look so cool on yours.
I believe that this is the number for this vintage Schott cafe racer. It's very different from the current 654. This one has the bull and cactus label. Early 70's?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Red Wing's black iron rangers are made from their black harness leather. It's the same leather as on the engineer boots I posted above. It's a thick oil tanned cowhide. Red Wing gets all of their leather from their own tannery (S. B. Foot Tanning Company).

Thanks for the info, I live about 2 hours south of Red Wing, MN and have been to thier factory store. I would like to tour the factory too next time I'm up there. Wonder if the tannery there would be part of the tour. There's a tannery in the area where I live, but it's closed to the public and teetering on the edge of being moved overseas to my understanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21