Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is that a Talon zip, closer pics of puller and bottom stop on that? Freakin sweet jacket.

Yes, Talon zip. From Superdenim:

superdenimmccoy140925img_0605.jpg

Lovely grain! That jacket's lookin' real new, Super.

By the by, this is my all time favourite zipper ever in the world, ever:
il_570xN.215460278.jpg

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Yes, Talon zip.

That is my fav zip ever. I have an original 30s Talon just like it that I am saving to have put into the right jacket for me. For a 80+ yr old zip it functions flawlessly. Thanks for the photos, and again freaking sweet jacket.

By the by, this is my all time favorite zipper ever in the world, ever:

I have seen a few of these huge pull tab Talons before, I think they were 60s-70s. You seem them on a lot of Brooks from that time frame. It is a little to big for my tastes but it sure has a lot of style.

Last edited:
Aye, they're a common sight on the older Brooks'. It's a gigantic zipper, yeah, but now that I've had a chance to try it out, I find it just so damn practical and functional! Makes even the largest YKK no. 10 fussy. Plus it looks really great on a jacket. There's a certain art deco-ish vibe to it.

Marv

A-List Customer
B-10 again this week so far but looks to get warmer from next week onwards so will probably switch back to my 71 Brill Bros G1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24