Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Pea coat looks amazing and that vintage shop sounds great! I must say I love the bell bottoms as well, they fit you really good.
Most my bells are naval
Issue and came from that same shop, around 2006. I think I picked up 10 pair then for around $40 for the lot. Quite a testament to how well that stuff is built. I don’t wear jeans that often but that’s still a good run.

Motocann

One Too Many
Every grown man should own a leather jacket. It’s a statement piece that elevates your style. Every time I wear it, I wear it with pride. What I do avoid wearing are engineer boots and stiff unwashed jeans with J-24. I find that suede boots work better in balancing out the outfit than shinny leather boots, especially engineer boots, which can be distracting to the eye. View attachment 474294 View attachment 474287 View attachment 474289 View attachment 474297
RMC BUCO J-24
RMC White tee
LVC 55501 - 0044
Orgueil Belt
Common Project Suede Boots
I beg to differ... there's a reason why leather jackets and engineer boots were put together in the first place: form follows function.

The two are a match made in heaven and have been a classic look for almost 100 years.
boots:jacket.JPG

TLW '90

Practically Family
Got a delivery in the mail today that I'm trying out.

Pioneer wear suede/ rough out vest ( I believe 70's ), and a 70's penny's big mac wool jacket.

I really love the vest, the look the cut and the size are great.
20221220_124149.jpg

The big mac was a great deal as was the vest ( the vest even more so ) but I'm much less impressed because it's very thin and lightweight.
20221220_124055.jpg

The fit is great at least and the quality seems pretty good all things considered, it's just thin so I'll have to find the right situation to wear it.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Got a delivery in the mail today that I'm trying out.

Pioneer wear suede/ rough out vest ( I believe 70's ), and a 70's penny's big mac wool jacket.

I really love the vest, the look the cut and the size are great.
View attachment 474634

The big mac was a great deal as was the vest ( the vest even more so ) but I'm much less impressed because it's very thin and lightweight.
View attachment 474635
The fit is great at least and the quality seems pretty good all things considered, it's just thin so I'll have to find the right situation to wear it.
The pioneer wear vest is amazing, congrats. Perfect fit too. Pioneer made high quality jackets, the suede on them is very substantial.

TLW '90

Practically Family
The pioneer wear vest is amazing, congrats. Perfect fit too. Pioneer made high quality jackets, the suede on them is very substantial.
I'm so glad I took the $16+ shipping gamble on it.
Right away when I unboxed it I could just tell it was high quality, the thickness and the very nice lining instantly gave that impression.
There's something about the snaps too, I don't know why but they just seem very high quality when they snap together.
Some snaps can have a bit of a rattley hollow feeling, but these just feel solid.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm so glad I took the $16+ shipping gamble on it.
Right away when I unboxed it I could just tell it was high quality, the thickness and the very nice lining instantly gave that impression.
There's something about the snaps too, I don't know why but they just seem very high quality when they snap together.
Some snaps can have a bit of a rattley hollow feeling, but these just feel solid.
Here's my pioneer trucker, same solid feeling snaps.

FA973516-9C3D-4DFC-99BB-2D445C52F600.jpeg
A176BDDE-B0E1-4152-9FE1-714459BDD677.jpeg

TLW '90

Practically Family
If you a 38 then you are in luck - check eBay.
I just saw that one and almost jumped the gun with an offer , but realized there's no hand pockets and had to stop myself. ( I'm a 36, but based on the measurements I could do this 38 )
It's such a badass looking jacket that I'd love to have, but I know from trying to wear the OG-108 field shirt as a light jacket that I'd constantly find myself trying to put my hands in the nonexistent pockets.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I just saw that one and almost jumped the gun with an offer , but realized there's no hand pockets and had to stop myself. ( I'm a 36, but based on the measurements I could do this 38 )
It's such a badass looking jacket that I'd love to have, but I know from trying to wear the OG-108 field shirt as a light jacket that I'd constantly find myself trying to put my hands in the nonexistent pockets.

I’d be like that without front pockets in my jeans. Anyway, it’s been listed for a while and the seller is very open to offers if you change your mind. I think you could probably get it for $100 shipped. Not really my style, but I’m still tempted because it’s cool and a great deal.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I’d be like that without front pockets in my jeans. Anyway, it’s been listed for a while and the seller is very open to offers if you change your mind. I think you could probably get it for $100 shipped. Not really my style, but I’m still tempted because it’s cool and a great deal.
It's such a cool jacket I decided to throw in an offer and see what happens.
If I end up getting it I can find a way to get used to the lack of hand pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24