Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Ralph Pugh - 1941 cross-zip. Bit of a snug fit, but I think I can work with it. Really beautiful, thick leather with a lot of character in the form of grain and scars. Condition was pretty much immaculate, except for some holes in the handwarmer pockets that were easy enough to fix.
View attachment 475201
View attachment 475202
View attachment 475203
View attachment 475204
View attachment 475208
View attachment 475209
View attachment 475210
View attachment 475211
super nice hide congrats!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Today's choice: Aero Leather Plainsman CXFQHH dark brown

FL_Aero_Plainsmann_Overall.jpg

FL_Aero_Plainsmann_1.jpg
FL_Aero_Plainsmann_2.jpg
FL_Aero_Plainsmann_3.jpg

Happy Holidays y'all!

Last edited:
Ralph Pugh - 1941 cross-zip. Bit of a snug fit, but I think I can work with it. Really beautiful, thick leather with a lot of character in the form of grain and scars. Condition was pretty much immaculate, except for some holes in the handwarmer pockets that were easy enough to fix.
View attachment 475201
View attachment 475202
View attachment 475203
View attachment 475204
View attachment 475208
View attachment 475209
View attachment 475210
View attachment 475211
Amazing condition!
Congratulations!

Al 916

One Too Many
The latest thing that's happened to be because of being on TFL is that I now want all my jackets to have sherpa collars.

What a place this is!

(Also I love that fit @Merv. Looks v similar to your Deus. Do they feel very different?)

Sorry Barnabus, I have cornered the ebay market in women's used coats (with detachable mouton collars).

Madam is looking slightly quizzical....

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
To all our North-American friends affected by the cold-spell: hope you stay safe and warm and have all your loved ones around you for the holidays!

Temps here have gone up some 15 degrees (centigrade) in the last few days, and it’s raining cats and dogs for days now. Not very festive, but not dangerous either (unless you have a leaky roof).

rmconner80

Familiar Face
I won’t be getting many style points today, but with our current windchill of -10F, this old JC Penney rancher is doing its job View attachment 475090

I dig it, but yeah I always feel like a goof wearing mine. I think I paid $65 for it, it’s a “Sawyer of Napa Valley” probably from the 70s. It usually makes an appearance when it’s cold enough and I’ve got an outdoor gig. It’s a country band so it definitely works... :)

D2A6F004-3DBD-4837-9314-EF04796A689F.jpeg

willyto

One Too Many
View attachment 475367
-1°F with a -24°F windchill. After putting on my gloves and walking to the store, the only thing that felt cold were my legs. Wish my B-3 were just a tad bigger so I could layer a sweater underneath. But it did very well today!
I have to admit that I always find funny seeing people wearing scarfs, layers, a sheepskin jacket, wool beanie,etc then wearing thin jeans.

Doesn't make much sense to me! Put on some moleskin, corduroy or wool trousers and you'll beat the cold.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
View attachment 475201
View attachment 475202
View attachment 475203
View attachment 475204
View attachment 475208
View attachment 475209
View attachment 475210
View attachment 475211
Amazing leather, never sell this, you’ll regret it forevermore!

powersci

One of the Regulars
I have to admit that I always find funny seeing people wearing scarfs, layers, a sheepskin jacket, wool beanie,etc then wearing thin jeans.

Doesn't make much sense to me! Put on some moleskin, corduroy or wool trousers and you'll beat the cold.

Fair point! I usually do a layer under or over my pants for weather like this. Today was about sprinting through errands as fast as possible. It’ll be in the 30s and 40s later this week.

Fair point! I usually do a layer under or over my pants for weather like this. Today was about sprinting through errands as fast as possible. It’ll be in the 30s and 40s later this week.
Today was just absurd. The wind was insane. Doesn’t matter what you have on. You need to not be outside for more than 10 minutes. It was -35 with the wind! It’s a special kind of bone chill in Chicago. That wind is a razor blade.
By next Saturday it should be almost 50 degrees, which will feel 85 degrees warmer, pure insanity.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 475201
View attachment 475202
View attachment 475203
View attachment 475204
View attachment 475208
View attachment 475209
View attachment 475210
View attachment 475211
I may move this jacket and you to a Ralphs-Pugh thread. In my world of collection leather jackets you hit the jack pot. The jackets looks like it belongs to you. Here is a little trick I use on myslelf when a supper cool/once in a life time jacket come along...but a little tight. I ask myself; If I tried this on new in 1941, only one in the store, Would I have bought it? There were a lot fewer choices in 1941. I've seen vintage photos that look just like your fit. If you can zip it you can wear it. You are a lucky guy.

Congratulations, thanks for sharing. I will find another thread for the jacket rave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy