Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

KBlake

One Too Many
No, just Urad. I’m going to run over the whole jacket with oil and another coat of Urad at some point. The jacket was originally dark brown. It was completely sun faded. This is how it looked after I applied oil to the sleeves and collar.
View attachment 512943
I ran out of oil and used Urad to get it where it’s at now. Will oil the whole thing for uniformity.
What kind of oil?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool, dudes. I get it now, it's just your little clubhouse. I thought this was a place where folks were welcome and everyone was treated with dignity and respect. I got that wrong. Y'all should check yourselves, you might not know this but you come off as closed-minded dickbags. I will indeed get lost, I don't want to be associated with you losers.
That escalated quickly.
However, I'm afraid that you didn't really understand it.
My tip is to just keep reading different posts and you will find that there is hardly a place on the internet where it is friendlier.
When two people who have known each other for years start to talk, it may come across as harsh to newcomers. But in fact they know how to deal with it.
So everything is not so bad.
With others, criticism is not usually expressed without being asked, unless it is explicitly requested.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Simmons Bilt Roadster.
IMG_20230502_075144_edit_1057145938236606.jpg
IMG_20230502_075208_edit_1057132012376192.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Cool, dudes. I get it now, it's just your little clubhouse. I thought this was a place where folks were welcome and everyone was treated with dignity and respect. I got that wrong. Y'all should check yourselves, you might not know this but you come off as closed-minded dickbags. I will indeed get lost, I don't want to be associated with you losers.

You might not know this but you come off as a virtue signalling douchebag, completely misreading the room. You are welcome here if you want to contribute without trying to lecture seasoned members on what they can or can't think. Take that woke thought control stuff elsewhere, thanks. There's plenty of spaces on the internet where they play that game. I for one am happy that the Lounge is free from politics.

Your words:
“I thought this was a place where folks were welcome and everyone was treated with dignity and respect”

Also your words:
“you might not know this but you come off as closed-minded dickbags. I will indeed get lost, I don't want to be associated with you losers.”

We will try to soldier on in the absence of your great many contributions to the forum. Thank you for your service.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Ok so I have a quandary here. This straight-zip Cal is simply too short, and ever so much too tight. I can get it on and zipped as shown below, and I absolutely love the Horse it's made of (Thick, grainy, still smells quite new) although it is at least 50-60 years old. But it's just not a correct fit.

Yesterday a friend who is around 5' 9" tall and ~ 165 lbs borrowed it for several hours, and it literally looks tailor made for him (and would have been perfect had I put the side laces back in first.) Is there a cool way to "gift" this jacket to him without brining on anything negative? Or should I simply sell it off, since I do not see myself becoming shorter & smaller anytime soon?

View attachment 513359

View attachment 513360

View attachment 513358
You're a super nice guy Randy. Just honestly gift him the jacket, tell the guy it looks great on him and that you want him to have it an enjoy it. There can hardly be a better gift in the jacket-dom. This jacket is by far my favorite. And your friend is lucky to have you as a friend.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Bye, Felecia.
Truly, you've misread the room here. If you'd just relax and let it go, you'll see that it's a pretty cool place with lots of cool people.

Rawky

One of the Regulars

I'm not cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy