Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

barnabus

One Too Many
After a few hours of torrential rain, this morning dawned bright and sunny but a good 10° cooler, so I was finally able to wear an actual jacket for my walk in the woods today.

I picked this canvas mechanic's jacket from The Stronghold, which is a lovely fit albeit a little long over just a tucked-in henley and mid-rise jeans.

IMG_20231014_123618_HDR.jpg

But even at 12 degrees I was still boiling my conkers off by the end.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
A side note. My mom just sent me this pic of her dad in 1935, she confirmed my love of bell bottoms and leather is an inherited trait.
The one (two actually) thing I did not inherit is his height and hair. He was 6’4 and kept a full mane his entire life!
View attachment 551226
Nice.

My grandpa was in the Navy WW2, my dad said he'd wear a G1.

No photos with the jacket, but here's a cool one anyway.

Screenshot_20231014-081157.png

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Mies van der Rohe said that it is easier to design a skyscraper than a chair....I was always fascinated by that quote. Maybe it applies to a jacket as well, lol.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Soooooo!

After realising via the IH “Pale Rider” that I can indeed be a “Leather Shirt Guy”, I took the plunge on this marvellous indigo Y2 x The Shop Vancouver “shirt”.

TJ was a pleasure start to finish, not least in the quest of getting the fit right form the outset , as I just couldn’t face paying double import/tax/shipping on an item that’s not exactly cheap in the first place (as I already spend a year of my life getting reimbursed on the fees for an exchange item that is no appeal either’.).

Well, I got the fit right. This is size 46 and indeed smaller in all dimensions than the XXL Pale Rider.
For perspective, I wear a size 42 in “American“ makers or Aero 1930s patterns and size 44 in slimmer fits (Aero “premier”, most things Japanese).

The “shirt” is insanely thick. The webpage of the Shop quotes 1,3 - 1,5mm and I have no doubt it’s not less than the former. It’s also lined, so we are talking more “over shirt” than proper shirt.
The leather is not super soft, but it’s reasonably pliable straight out of the box (much more so than the Iron Heart equivalent), so I never felt I’d actually need to break it in in the usual sense.

This shirt just oozes luxury, and it’s a pure pleasure to see, touch, smell, wear. I literally love everything about it (well, sitting down, I wouldn’t mind half an inch more in the gut, but it does have buttons than can actually be opened…).
An expensive piece but “worth it” for me for sure.

IMG_7100.jpeg
IMG_7105.jpeg

Motocann

One Too Many
Soooooo!

After realising via the IH “Pale Rider” that I can indeed be a “Leather Shirt Guy”, I took the plunge on this marvellous indigo Y2 x The Shop Vancouver “shirt”.

TJ was a pleasure start to finish, not least in the quest of getting the fit right form the outset , as I just couldn’t face paying double import/tax/shipping on an item that’s not exactly cheap in the first place (as I already spend a year of my life getting reimbursed on the fees for an exchange item that is no appeal either’.).

Well, I got the fit right. This is size 46 and indeed smaller in all dimensions than the XXL Pale Rider.
For perspective, I wear a size 42 in “American“ makers or Aero 1930s patterns and size 44 in slimmer fits (Aero “premier”, most things Japanese).

The “shirt” is insanely thick. The webpage of the Shop quotes 1,3 - 1,5mm and I have no doubt it’s not less than the former. It’s also lined, so we are talking more “over shirt” than proper shirt.
The leather is not super soft, but it’s reasonably pliable straight out of the box (much more so than the Iron Heart equivalent), so I never felt I’d actually need to break it in in the usual sense.

This shirt just oozes luxury, and it’s a pure pleasure to see, touch, smell, wear. I literally love everything about it (well, sitting down, I wouldn’t mind half an inch more in the gut, but it does have buttons than can actually be opened…).

View attachment 552261 View attachment 552262
That's a stunning shirt!

barnabus

One Too Many
Soooooo!

Wowsers!

Cherry CXL Schott fanback. Absolute garbage weather, cold and pouring down rain. Had this pretty well soaked and wore to dry. I know it’s #8 CXL but it’s got a hefty dose of red in it. Smells nothing like the stuff I get from Aero. I am genuinely going to try and break this one in. Or at least try to try. I’m a bit surprised this one didn’t get plucked from the classifieds sooner. I don’t think I ever gave Schott the credit they deserve. The cords are vintage Levi 646 flares.
IMG_3087.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

That is beautifully tailored!!!
Soooooo!

aero the heritage

New in Town
Mid 50s with rain is perfect time for Aero Dustbowl to get played. Perhaps 22.5 back length is a bit short but I been loving classic vibe that I can enjoy out of the pattern.
I gotta admit now I fully understand why Mr Proper said he would prefer a bit more of front drop than what it is. My posture definitely requires longer of front drop to not have front of jacket get lifted up when I stand or put my hands on pockets.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cool. I like the "tension" between the thick hide and this being a shirt.

Dziekuje!

I have been informed that such is now officially called “Shacket”.

Things you didn’t want to know. I can gladly report that at least nobody had called it a “Single Rider” yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats