Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

wlsn

New in Town
Just a casual Schott quilted CPO shirt today.
PXL_20231111_140938240~2.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry you should write an instructional manual on how to find awesome vintage jackets.
I have plans to. The idea comes from a Field Guide to Vintage Guitars by George Gruhn. This pocket book was a ground breaker when it came out. you would see them at Vintage Guitar Shows.

Vintage jackets is a much bigger topic. The knowledge base is much smaller and it requires a lot of research.

There is much information on this forum. Little pieces here and there. Like putting a puzzle together.

Now you got me thinking about this, takes time and energy to put it together. I've got most of it in my head and it does need to come

Professor100

New in Town

Motocann

One Too Many
New to me Ridley today. Successful trade here with @dark wood. On my more recent kick of going a size up, this is exactly the fit I was looking for in a dedicated riding jacket. Probably not as slim as a fit per the jacket’s design, but really digging it… This one will be off to Thurston soon for a snap off fur collar. View attachment 560046
That’s nice, you scored!

mumpy

A-List Customer
Buzz Rickson's Deck Zip Jacket

I love all deck jackets and this one is no exception.

I was surprised how wind and water resistant this one is. I was caught in heavy down pour and basically was not soaked at all on the inside. I later found out that there is a cellulose plastic liner (which you can even hear if you fold the jacket) sandwiched between the corded-cotton outer fabric and the blanket-wool lining. Even so the jacket breathes pretty well (maybe the plastic liner doesn't run throughout the entire jacket but only in some areas/panels?) and because of the boxy fit and not so thick lining, it is easy to layer under it as necessary.

It feels a bit like a tanker but slightly heavier I would say. Can be as warm as the N1 deck with appropriate layers below.

I am normally a 40 and this one is a 36 and can layer heavily so definitely oversized design.

jacket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner