Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
Came across this painting from 1938, the background is just north of Taos NM, in the Hondo valley. Check out the Cossack!
Portrait-of-Jose-Herrera-tempera-panel-Peter-1938.jpg

IndianaStan

New in Town
Another Question about Wested Leather…

I currently own a custom Raiders in brown goatskin and a Kingsman in brown cowhide. I’m impressed with the quality for the price and I’m thinking about getting a custom Last Crusade in horsehide.

Does anybody who own a Wested jacket have anything to say about the quality of their horsehide? I literally cannot find anything on the internet about it.

Any input would be great, thanks y’all!

JacketFit08

New in Town
Ok guys, this is it.

I've always loved the cafe racer style and after many failed attempts with RMC and Aero, I found a jacket that finally fits.

Vanson Comet.

View attachment 558182

EDIT: Two emotions evoked when wearing the jacket for the first time:

1) I feel like I want to fall from a bike and try this out (maybe a bicycle :p)
2) I can comfortably sell half my wardrobe at this point.
This is another great example of some quality thick leather from Vanson.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Now looks at this!

Y2-25th anniversary jacket in heavy (HEAVY!!) Bull hide. Legend has it, it´s 3mm thick, and it sure is hefty to the extent that it´s difficult to bend the arms.

Only got it yesterday, so no break-in attempt so far. Was out and about this a.m. for a few hours, and the jacket is surprisingly wearable.

Fit is absolutely perfect, and the look - see for yourself...

Bull_1.jpg
Bull_3.jpg
Bull_4.jpg

Attachments

• Bull_2.jpg
    Bull_2.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 56

Leigh H

Practically Family
Now looks at this!

Y2-25th anniversary jacket in heavy (HEAVY!!) Bull hide. Legend has it, it´s 3mm thick, and it sure is hefty to the extent that it´s difficult to bend the arms.

Only got it yesterday, so no break-in attempt so far. Was out and about this a.m. for a few hours, and the jacket is surprisingly wearable.

View attachment 569595 View attachment 569597 View attachment 569598

Wow that hide is THICK!

I look forward to seeing this age over time, that needs some serious break in time.

Christmas came early!! congrats!!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now looks at this!

Very cool. Congratulations.
I've already seen them on Instagram.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Now looks at this!

Wow, that's SO cool. I saw a couple of pics of the jacket on Instagram and the 3mm thick hide didn't look all that wearable tbh. But it clearly is and it looks badass. Congrats.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that's SO cool. I saw a couple of pics of the jacket on Instagram and the 3mm thick hide didn't look all that wearable tbh. But it clearly is and it looks badass. Congrats.

Thank you! It IS wearable, but it does take an effort. At the moment I am enjoying the challenge, but only time will tell if it´s really suitable as an everyday jacket. Range of motion is very good, so other than bending the arm, nothing hurts too much... :D

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Now looks at this!

Wow that’s a mega jacket Tom! The kind of thing that seems impossible til you see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot