Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Damn!! We had about 3” fall yesterday morning, then it rained all day and melted down most. Just a dusting overnight in the city, far worse west in the burbs. Looks like you got it good Randy! That’s a proper snowfall.
Thanks, the area I live has had over 25" of snow this week which is a record for a single week. Unlike Buffalo NY, or Houghton, MI we do not often see snows more than 1' at a time.

Now just deeply cold, the sun is out this morning and it's really quite nice, even if it's -15F (-26C)

Al 916

One Too Many
To minimise the pain of my torn padded Al's

My Al's Leather Man

1000009849-01.jpeg
1000009850-01.jpeg

Might be time to Rex the sleeves. What do you think?

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 19.02.28.png

Al 916

One Too Many
Don’t do it. They are meant to be that length!
If you ride yes.

For non riding Rex'rs they are 'kin uncomfortable, forever digging into the lower wrist.

I hear what you are saying Ton and I have been holding off shortening this because it is a great jacket that a non Rex would love. I suppose I will sell it and await something as good with shorter sleeves.

I don't really want to cut it. (you are probably right)

Well that's two Al's out of my life on the same day...................
Damned Sunday....

If you ride yes.

For non riding Rex'rs they are 'kin uncomfortable, forever digging into the lower wrist.

I hear what you are saying Ton and I have been holding off shortening this because it is a great jacket that a non Rex would love. I suppose I will sell it and await something as good with shorter sleeves.

I don't really want to cut it. (you are probably right)

Well that's two Al's out of my life on the same day...................
Damned Sunday....
These jackets almost always have longer sleeves!

Yango

One of the Regulars
1) yes I have a big head lol
2) 'helmets' like Paul Teutel is wearing in this pic are not approved for use in the EU because they do not provide much protection.

View attachment 580032
Lol. I have the Gazoo thing going on too. Most of the guys I ride with are on Harleys, and wear the tiny bowl things. Quite useless in my opinion.
I’m on a Beemer, and either wear a 3/4 or a fullface depending on the weather.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101

Al 916

One Too Many
Phone cameras (some) have a tendency to distort and make our larger attributes ...larger.

Try holding it upside down (the phone)

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was on vacation and stopped into Schott Bros - NYC earlier this week and picked up a new 118. I really appreciate that they now integrated a snap to hold the buckle in place when not in use - that was what I hated about older versions where the buckle would just flop around.

So much more comfortable to wear off the bike than my Vanson, Aero and Langlitz of the past.

QczbFzIh.jpg

I love how the guys like me who want our buckles to hang all complain about the buckle snap but the real riders pretty much universally appreciate it.

Jacket fits you brilliantly.

Motocann

One Too Many
Because that's Visvim. Like Enfants Riches Deprimes or Vetements, Visvim clothes costs a lot. Except that Visvim doesn't grow or evolve.

They do make high quality leather jackets. not $13K quality, though. Not $800 but then again, nobody on the planet does.
I wasn’t necessarily criticizing…. I was honestly confused, I’ve never seen any leather jacket at such a high price point. Thought for sure it must be a mistake.

I wasn’t necessarily criticizing…. I was honestly confused, I’ve never seen any leather jacket at such a high price point. Thought for sure it must be a mistake.

I know you weren't, I'm just saying. Thing is, if you're expecting something for that kind of cash, you're not missing much. It's just high fashion tho makers like Visvim don't seem to understand what makes something cost a lot vs. just making up a price. They jump on some trend too late, without ever bringing something new to the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran