Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Yamahana

One Too Many
I love your pics man, I almost expect to see John Dutton or Rip Wheeler somewhere in the background.

No idea who they are however I second Ton's sentiment

@Yamahana that jacket fits so well. Awesome.

Thirding Ton and Al 916's comments. Great photos - and even better that your furry companions frequently turn up in them too!
Thank you fellers. Perfect winters in the AZ desert to be out and about working outdoors. Not so much in the summers tho.
SuzyQ and Bailey go with me everywhere this time of year, pretty good faithful companions.
When I bought this jacket the gal had it tagged “Worlds Coolest Jacket”. Maybe not “the” but one “of” for sure. The look & cut of bomber/aviator but without knit cuffs which I don’t care for.

IMG_0264.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg
LW CHP

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This may be another exciting discovery. I've never seen this jacket on you or anybody else. That is a California Sportswear jacket for Wards c.1950. This is the origin of the Windward, that Aero makes?

Below is the classic Windward, with a 50s Windward label. Looks like the same jacket! right? Yep, I think it is, Bingo!

Is your jacket black or dark brown? I've never seen one in that color either way. They all appear to be the brown as below. I've always been curious who made these. The one below was fine as it looks. Now I understand.

They also made these is a very heavy steerhide. Some of the best 50s Steerhide I have seen.

If that jacket didn't look so good on you I try to tempt you. Made my day.

1705544585504.png

1705544430230.png
1705544396496.png

Yamahana

One Too Many
This may be another exciting discovery. I've never seen this jacket on you or anybody else. That is a California Sportswear jacket for Wards c.1950. This is the origin of the Windward, that Aero makes?

Below is the classic Windward, with a 50s Windward label. Looks like the same jacket! right? Yep, I think it is, Bingo!

Is your jacket black or dark brown? I've never seen one in that color either way. They all appear to be the brown as below. I've always been curious who made these. The one below was fine as it looks. Now I understand.

They also made these is a very heavy steerhide. Some of the best 50s Steerhide I have seen.

If that jacket didn't look so good on you I try to tempt you. Made my day.

View attachment 581191

View attachment 581190 View attachment 581189
Thanks Terry. It’s brown. I’ve wondered the same thing, if this was pre runner to the Windward label as all the other MW styled like this that I’ve seen were labeled Windward.
One other difference I’ve noticed is the cuffs. The Windward has a wider angled cuff with 2 buttons whereas mine only has 1 button and narrower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn