Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Kunja

Practically Family
Goodwear Ventura in Capeskin

goodwear-californian-capeskin-kunja-1.jpg

Kunja

Practically Family
Yes I wonder the same thing. Looking at the pics of other samples I’d guess shrunken sheep but maybe not genuine capeskin. It’s super light weight, but feels tough like goat. Whatever it is I like the easy wearing feel of it a lot.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Yes I wonder the same thing. Looking at the pics of other samples I’d guess shrunken sheep but maybe not genuine capeskin. It’s super light weight, but feels tough like goat. Whatever it is I like the easy wearing feel of it a lot.
I believe that capeskin is just a marketing name for sheep. I know it comes from the hills of South Africa but to me is just sheep. I have some Californias that came with that beautiful tan color. I can understand why if you are a pilot would like this hide when you are seating in the cockpit for many hours. Personally, I do like the luxury of it! However, deer and goat are not bad either. I must say, the jacket looks awesome and most likely the originals of that time did come in capeskin. I am lucky to have the same model in horsehide I think? LOL.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I've owned and still own a few very expensive and collectable jackets in the past couple of years, ever since I've been afflicted with this all consuming, soul sucking, bank account draining passion that is vintage menswear:) No other jacket has gotten more compliments and attention than this $150, 70's Treen! Go figure:)
PXL_20240328_172257932.TS_exported_5083.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner