Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

gily

A-List Customer
Wow, what a jacket. Beautiful graining.
Thank you, got it from the original owners son, apparently he just used it while in high school during the 50s and then remained stored, he sent me a picture of his Dad wearing it.

IMG_3879.jpeg

Last edited:

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Yeah!

And isn’t the leather amazing!!

Yours is the long version, right? How did you find sizing as compared to what you usually wear?
Leather is great and yes its the long version. Still only 24.5 in back. Doesn't go to well with those pants but I saw your post and had to throw it on for some estate sales. I did same as you and went down a size from what I would normally wear in Y'2.

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Thank you.

Yes, fit IS spot on. I originally ordered in size 46 as some offerings of Y2 run very small (their leather shirts and Chore Coats being examples). This one is NOT one of them. I wore the larger one during the winter over thick jumpers, and it worked - just.

Below is a comparison shot. I have worn the left one consistently since November. There is still a lot of potential for future darkening, as the winter sun didn´t really do the trick.

View attachment 607360

Some nice aging here!

Sizing - especially with those "high value" jackets is always a pain in the neck for me coz they are available on order only most of the times ...

And ordering online is simply not just "going to a shop and trying different sizes" so it is hard to test whether one size + or minus would work better ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner