Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of jacket is on the picture?

rnx

New in Town
Found few pictures of Billy Gibbons, wearing pretty cool jacket. It seems like vintage half belt for me, but what would you all think?

Billy_Gibbons_Yellow_Belly.jpg

24863d1241618267t-billy-gibbons-another-new-esquire-img_0194-jpg

armscye

One of the Regulars
Cut, color, and the boloney-cut cuff trim seem to match the Schott 135, which is a vintage but non-halfbelt style. The beard covers where the breast pocket might be, alas.

rnx

New in Town
Doesn't seem like Schott 135 - cuffs don't seem right. I have that lower picture on a full magazine page and there seem to be buttoned cuffs like classic halfbelt cut has.

armscye

One of the Regulars
You could be right. To my eye, the cuffs in the OP's shot look like the ones linked below, on the Schott 135's "winter sister" jacket the Schott 136. I called them "boloney cut", by which i mean that the seam for the cuff assembly is cut at a slant relative to the axis of the sleeve.

Forgive the need to click a link, but as usual the image display function [at least the version in the advanced editor] is on the fritz and tells me the image is "Invalid."

http://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/viewImage.cfm?aid=24293D5E4A572020200A

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy