Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What?, no haircut for me!

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
My last haircut was October 2010 and it was just a week after we had buried my dear Father. I was mourning severely and didn't really gave a dang how short it got so, I went similar to a Jamie Lee Curtis cut :eeek: (although my daughter disagrees and says it wasn't THAT short). I have not cut it since then, 9 months ago and had originaly thought, i'd go a year before getting another haircut... now i'm thinking, I may just go past the year and wait.

Anyone ever done that?

One thing I have noticed is that my hair does not grow back as fast as it used to [huh]

crwritt

One Too Many
My last haircut was October 2010 and it was just a week after we had buried my dear Father. I was mourning severely and didn't really gave a dang how short it got so, I went similar to a Jamie Lee Curtis cut :eeek: (although my daughter disagrees and says it wasn't THAT short). I have not cut it since then, 9 months ago and had originaly thought, i'd go a year before getting another haircut... now i'm thinking, I may just go past the year and wait.

If you like how it looks, and you don't have split ends, why cut it? I went for years with long hair, french braided. It was actually easier to handle than shorter hair.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I stopped cutting my hair for about 3 years during university- i just never got round to trimming it (I used to use a leave in condistioner and serum on it, and never blow-dried it so it was in good condition) It wasn't till I saw some photos that I realised it had actually reached waist length!

I had it all cut off - to jaw length- in one go that weekend! I'm now growing it again- but this time just to shoulder length.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've done it twice. After my second son was born, I cut it Jaime Lee Curtis short and went 2 years without a cut. About 3 years ago, I decided to cut it that short again because I wanted to get rid of all the colored hair. I went a year without a cut. Just try to avoid heat styling (blowdryers/curling irons/hot rollers) and use good haircare products.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The last time I let my hair grow out was when I was 16, and had bleached it into oblivion. My mother forbade me to colour it again, so I let it go until the damaged portion was roughly 4 inches from my scalp - Then I chopped it off.

Like kamikat says, avoid any heat styling (which encourages split ends). I would trim 1/4" or less every 6 weeks, though, so it will grow out healthier. I've seen instances where the lady has faithfully grown her hair out, then had to cut off much more than she wanted when she did get it done because the ends became ratty.

Tatum

Practically Family
I have only gotten a few cuts in the last few years. But I almost never use heat on my hair. I usually get it cut before summer (haven't done it yet) and then again around the holidays. I wouldn't cut it so often, but it gets too long for me to curl well and it takes over a day to dry if I do a wet set.

I want a trim right now because it feels so heavy when I put it up!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I cut my hair every couple of years. I don't see a problem with it.

A good multivitamin with biotin will make your hair grow faster. With all the stress you went through, you could be deficient in something. A multivitamin won't hurt, just check with your doctor first to see what s/he recommends.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I have naturally wavy hair, well, more so curly and rarely do I use heat styling. if I usually let it dry out naturally with some product (a must for those of us with natural curl) and if I do dry it, I use a diffuser and a round brush to smooth out my bangs. I don't have split ends and thanks to good genes.. no grey hair at 50 ;-)

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I have naturally wavy/curly hair that if I were to use heat stylers like blow dryers, flat irons.. I can go perfectly flat straight or produce a ton of ringlets by just finger wrapping. I inherited my late grandma on my dads side, hair. fairly thick, hearty.. it does require lots of product to keep it from going crazy, something that was near impossible for the 2 yrs i lived in MA :eeek:

I don't use blow dryers unless i'm going out and want to achieve a quick look. I let it dry naturally and thanks to my dads good genes.. after turning 50 this past May, I still have no grey hair :)

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
I have naturally wavy/curly hair that if I were to use heat stylers like blow dryers, flat irons.. I can go perfectly flat straight or produce a ton of ringlets by just finger wrapping. I inherited my late grandma on my dads side, hair. fairly thick, hearty.. it does require lots of product to keep it from going crazy, something that was near impossible for the 2 yrs i lived in MA :eeek:

I don't use blow dryers unless i'm going out and want to achieve a quick look. I let it dry naturally and thanks to my dads good genes.. after turning 50 this past May, I still have no grey hair :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo