Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pens are we carrying today?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
The twisty vacuum thingy is called the Converter.

Waterman is one of the oldest fountain pen companies in the world. They made lots and lots and lots of pens. Is there a specific model you were interested in?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Shangas, thank you, and there isn't a model number on the website I'm looking at, but it's a fine dpiece of art deco,

pn4033.jpg

cookie said:

There is always a contigent of people that will keep up traditional ideas.
If you have to write with a pen and a lot of it (like note taking) you'll often come to the conclusion that a fountain pen is the best way to do it.

When ever I go to the Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia (formerly the FPS of LA) there are always newbies and old hands coming in to see what is new or what's old in the case of the vintage collectors.

Today I am using a Lamy Safari Allstar in brushed Aluminum with a BOLD nib that is very smooth writng the ink is Aurora Black. I also am writing with an Esterbrook Silver the flat top type with two hole clip, medium 2668 nib and Private Reserve Velvet Black Ink.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Well, I’d like to be carrying my Sheaffer Prelude today, but it’s been missing for about a month, leaving me with just my Esterbrook SJ (which has become a real favorite), and my Waterman Phileas.

The Prelude finally came back two days ago. A coworker found it in the upstairs copy room, but I'm not fooled. I'm sure it's been around the world at least once since it disappeared. You know, signing treaties, writing up contracts for Hollywood starlets, riding around in the pockets of notorious gangsters, etc.

-Dave

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
On Monday I attended a meeting of the Melbourne Pen Club to discuss the pens that the club would be displaying at the Melbourne Pen Show 2010 (in six weeks' time).

I brought along a selection of vintage Mabie-Todds, Parkers, Sheaffers and Wahls. Those, and more, will be at the show on display.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I carry my Pop's old Parker pen from the late 60's. A clicker model that has the Western Electric logo on the top. I just wished I could find his matching pencil to go with it. I do have his matching Cross pencil & pens that he got every 10 years with Western Electric. Always kept them in the box and never used them. So I have a set from the 60's, 70's & 80's.

Cheers!

Dan

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Today's pens will be my vest-pocket pen and probably a nice set of gold fountain pens to go with it. Going out for dinner tonight with family and friends, but regardless, I always bring along a couple of pens, just in case...They might need to do double-duty as chopsticks.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Today I have my Pelikan M800 green and black with med nib customized by Richard Binder to cursive italic. It's my go to pen for pocket carry or a Peilkan M800 clear demonstrator with EF nib. I love my Pels.

God Bless,
Preacher Man

shortbow

Practically Family
Green marble Esterbook lever fill loaded with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan. My everyday instrument for several years now. Lots of compliments on it. Amazing how many folks have never even seen a fountain pen.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today's my Lamy Vista (clear) medium nib with black ink. I had to order new converters for it and my Waterman Phileas - the old ones were leaking - so no cocoa brown ink from either until the new one arrives. But - I can always use my MontBlanc for that.

litework

New in Town
I'm carrying my Pelikan blue bodied, M600 FP in medium point. When I go out tonight, I'll carry my favorite writing pen, my Pilot Custom 823.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick