Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pens are we carrying today?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
As usual these days, I'm using an Esterbrook, double jewel, with #2668 nib, and Noodler's Bad Blue Heron ink.

-Max

An Esterbrook was my first fountain pen in junior hight; they are real workhorses.

Today's pens are my gold Waterman, and one of my gold Wahls. One from the Edwardian-era, one from the 1920s.

You know you should post them, old boy...

PT Monteith

New in Town
Picked up this burgundy Shaeffer PFM III in it's case today for $30. It was still in good shape internally, but I had a new sack and seal kit that fit it so I cleaned it out and replaced them.
IMG_1926.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg

I was online trying to narrow down the date of this one and I noticed that the ebay auctions for this particular pen are bananas right now.
Here's one of the current bid wars for the exact pen without the case. It's not even very old. This one is from '61 or so.

I'm letting the seals set. I'll report back on how she writes in the morning.

PT Monteith

New in Town
Beautiful collection, Shangas! Love the case as well!

The Shaeffer PFM writes great. The snorkel on this one works better than some other older snorkels I've had. No surprise there. The medium nib is outstanding on it. Aside from being a handsome design, it flows nicely and doesn't smudge like some other mediums I have.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Picked up this burgundy Shaeffer PFM III in it's case today for $30. It was still in good shape internally, but I had a new sack and seal kit that fit it so I cleaned it out and replaced them.
View attachment 11145
View attachment 11146

I was online trying to narrow down the date of this one and I noticed that the ebay auctions for this particular pen are bananas right now.
Here's one of the current bid wars for the exact pen without the case. It's not even very old. This one is from '61 or so.

I'm letting the seals set. I'll report back on how she writes in the morning.

Yes, the PFMs are usually quite sought after. You got a great deal on yours.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Good evening fellow Loungers! Today and for the next several days, I'm carrying and using my Pelikan M800 green barrel/black cap, 1.1 mm cursive italic nib running Noodler's Bad Blue Heron through it. It's one of my favorites. Shangas, you've got a very impressive collection. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
Visiting grand kids next 2 weeks. One set in Jaxville and other in San Antonio.

Wanted to limit myself to 2 pens: one for my pocket journal : a fine point SAILOR 1911 filled with OLD MANHATTAN black.

The other for signing checks and receipts: a PELIKAN 800 in red striated with a custom sharp cursive italic nib by Greg Minuskin. Filled with Noodlers El Lawrence ink. Years ago one of my students GAVE me the pen for helping him through a trying time. One of my favs, I also have a standard fine nib for it.

I feel better carrying 2 pens. Always.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Bexley Elegancia with Noodler's Zhivago ink, Franklin-Christoph Model 02 Intrinsic with FC Olde Emerald, and Bexley Poseidon with FC Dark Denim ink...

Best, M.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I Use a Parker with italic nib and enjoy doing so now. We were forced at school to write this way and although I did not enjoy it at the time, it did and still does improve my handwriting which is not that great. Infact several people give me complimentary comments when they see me using a "Proper" pen.

We did have to meet good standards of handwriting at school and if our presentation was not deemed good enough, we had to stay back after school for an hour or two with one of the schoolmasters who made us write out large amounts of lines which was supposed to act as writing practice for us. I don't suppose that would happen these days.

There was a new item recently to say that now so much is done on computers these days kids writing is getting very bad indeed which is a shame.

Last edited:

stevew443

One of the Regulars
Today I am carrying my Lamy Studio. I hope to get a little bit of writing done in just a bit and I find the words tend to flow more easily when I am using a nice fountain pen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner