Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What size brim do you prefer

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
1 7/8" is my widest, and I definitely consider those my formal hats. Everyday hats range from 1" to 1 3/4", with my preference for 1 3/8" above all, though if I'm going extra stingy, my 1" brim is hard to beat.

RedPop4

One Too Many
adamgottschalk said:
1 7/8" is my widest, and I definitely consider those my formal hats. Everyday hats range from 1" to 1 3/4", with my preference for 1 3/8" above all, though if I'm going extra stingy, my 1" brim is hard to beat.
As if we even had to ask.....;) ;) lol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seven inches, minimum!

:eek:
BrimPlus.jpg
:eek:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm getting queasy just looking at that.

Anything over 2 1/2" is asking for trouble, especially with most modern hats that taper so much in the crown. With a 7 5/8 knob, and with my brows and jowls, the combination makes me look faintly comical.

327503154_c51091cafa_m.jpg

"duhhhh...."

duggap

Banned
I have as small as 2" but average around 2.5 to 2 5/8 except for my panamas which are a minimum of 3 inches. But that seven inch brim is something else. Just not sure what that is.lol

DOUGLAS

Tony, That Dobbs with the 2-3/4 brim looks fantastic on you. You could pass for an old detective.

Tony in Tarzana

A young, jowly, grey-haired detective. lol

That's a 1956 Clipper, and I only wish it were mine. If I recall correctly, that was the only year that Packard spun the Clipper name off to be its own brand. It was also the last year Packards were built in the old Detroit factory.

This one is owned by the owner of the company where I work. The body is straight as a string, and the faded original two-tone turquoise paint bears no evidence of any body work or rust repair. The interior looks cherry, and the only missing part I can see is the radiator.

Parked next to the Clipper is a 1958 Packard Hawk, a Studebaker Golden Hawk with a different front clip, built at the Stude plant in South Bend Indiana, as all "Packardbakers" were from 1957-58 before the Packard name disappeared for good.

There's also a 1932 Plymouth rumble seat convertible coupe, a '57 Caddy Eldorado with the stainless steel top, and a '61 Chrysler New Yorker among others.

J.B.

Practically Family
My favorites are in the 2 1/2 inch range.
emohattipjv1.gif

jamespowers said:
...Although today I am wearing a 2 1/4" Knox. Works ok. Just ok though. I got to the end of my rotation of hats being it is near the end of the year...

Hmpf.

That's nuthin'! :p

I'm not even halfway through my array -- and I change 'em hourly!
emogrinyespe7.gif

First liar never stands a chance... :D

(Come to think of it, you're probably not lying!) :eusa_doh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21