Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to use for the most damaged hair

Smuterella

One Too Many
I just baught a sachet of olive oil conditioning mask from the local afro hair shop. it needs to be left on for 45 mins so might do it on Wednesday.

my very bleached hair is really breaking at the temples and I'm getting worried!

MissHannah

One Too Many
I bought some Dark & Lovely cholesterol conditioning treatment and it made my hair about 10 times worse - like straw and really fragile! Is this a case of too much protein?

jayem

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
I bought some Dark & Lovely cholesterol conditioning treatment and it made my hair about 10 times worse - like straw and really fragile! Is this a case of too much protein?

Could be. Did you use a heating cap with it? Hail cholesterol can give me mixed results sometimes, which is why I only stick to the Queen Helene stuff. Try using a deep conditioner (with a heating cap) next time instead. Leave it on for about an hour half. I can promise you that will make it silkier.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I just started using the 'Aussie' range that I think someone recommended earlier in this thread, and my hair feels really nice today. I'm also trying to stop blowdrying it, and instead towel dry it and then go to bed with a scarf over it so I don't look like a scarecrow in the morning.

Cinnamon

New in Town
Hello everyone, my first post - yaaaay :eusa_clap

I just had to say that the only product that brings my hair back from the dead (so to speak) is mayonnaise. I know, I know it's nasty and it smells like a salad lol, however it really works.

I use Best Foods Mayo. I simply slather it on my hair and cover with a plastic cap (I do not use heat for this, I let my own body heat do the work). After about an hour or so I rinse and my hair feels great minus the eggy smell.:p

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Cinnamon said:
Hello everyone, my first post - yaaaay :eusa_clap

I just had to say that the only product that brings my hair back from the dead (so to speak) is mayonnaise. I know, I know it's nasty and it smells like a salad lol, however it really works.

I use Best Foods Mayo. I simply slather it on my hair and cover with a plastic cap (I do not use heat for this, I let my own body heat do the work). After about an hour or so I rinse and my hair feels great minus the eggy smell.:p

I will amend that with "make sure you rinse out with cool water, or you will have scrambled eggs on your hair and a clogged drain."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo