Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Avalon

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:
I've just finished projecting -- before a standing-room-only house -- a lovely print of Buster Keaton's "The General", to the live accompaniment of the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra, playing the film's recently-rediscovered original 1926 score.

There are times I think I have the best job in the world, and this was one of them.

And how! :eusa_clap What a wonderful night!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
For Your Consideration- I liked it alot. Parker Posey ahd a dress, suit and hat that I would kill for.

Design for Living and half of Peter Ibbeston- I really liked Design For Living but I don't think they used Edward Everette Horton enough. I love him. I do prefer Miriam Hopkins in comedies though. I think she over acts other wise. I am really looking forward to finishing Peter Ibbestson tonight.

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
I found a copy of "DOA"" for $2.00 the other day, great flick!
I wish, wish they would do a restoration on the movie!! :eusa_clap
NOIR_DISC3-31.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We're starting a two week run of the new Brideshead Revisited this weekend, and I watched it tonight -- it felt a lot longer than it was. I'll say, though, that I liked Julia's 1934 hair much much better than her 1929 bob with bangs -- a style I've never especially cared for on anyone but Colleen Moore.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just watched "A Good Day For A Hanging" with Mr. Fred McMurray.
Good movie, Fred was totally believable as a town marshall. Robert Vaughn was "the bad guy". Check it out if you like Westerns!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Josephine said:
Saw The Opposite Sex. So funny to see Leslie Nielsen in a romantic role. The clothing was divine, but the movie, eh.
I don;t know if I would have liked this movie if I hadn't seen The Women first, but it definately pales in comparison.

No Time For Comedy-Rosalind Russell is funny and witty but she seams to be doing all the work. I love Jimmy Stewart but not so much in this. Lousie Beaver's is great but her character starts to get annoying and is a little sterotypical.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
The Gaucho (1927) at the Silent Movie Theater in Los Angeles with Douglas Fairbanks. I've been going most Wednesdays lately for Silent Movie Night.

Next week is Rudolph Valentino!

pgoat

One Too Many
There was a Henry Fonda tribute today on TCM, and I noticed whilst watching 12 Angry Men (one of my all time faves) that the elderly juror (played by Joseph Sweeney) who introduces himself to Fonda outside the courthouse, and the unethical sports nut played by Jack Warden were the only two of 12 men who wore hats. This seems to illustrate the sudden and swift 'death of hat wearing' prior to JFK/1960 pretty well.....

Hondo

One Too Many
I finally saw "Office Space" from begining to end, only because of Jennifer Asinton (love the hair) still as always plays same nice character, girl next door type, but nothing to get excited about.

Then "The Golden Compass" Interesting, have to see again, a message within it? I didn't get it, maybe I was too tired, I'll see again later, I do like these type of fantasy films. heard there will be a second part II.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I saw X Files at the cinemas a couple of weeks back....Im a big fan of the show, but am really undecided about how I felt about the new movie...:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou