Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Pan's Labyrinth is a very cool film, although I prefer The Devil's Backbone by the same director.

My wife and I just watched Night of the Living Dead. Now, that's a brilliant film, and not just a bit creepy.:eusa_clap

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, wow, I missed Freaks last night? Years ago, I read a synopsis of it and would really like to see it sometime.

I read an interesting book about many of those circus sideshow performers, called Very Special People. A number of them were featured in the film.

Tonight, I am going to attempt to watch Sleepy Hollow. I think it got decent reviews. I like Burton's stuff, like Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci. I read that Burton messes a whole lot with the original story, so much so I probably won't recognize Irving's story, except for the characters' names.

I say "attempt" because I live with my mother, now, and she does not like scary or creepy stories. But, it would be better than watching Lawrence Welk on PBS. Now, that's really creepy.

karol

Josephine

One Too Many
I'm finishing up Yojimbo now. Such a great film. I really like Mifune and Kurosawa's collaborations. I lived in Japan for a few years and I feel inordinately pleased when I recognize phrases. :D

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
"Midnight Cowboy"(1969) I loved the fact that it was filmed on location and it's verrrrry sordid! :D . Good film!

btw Angelina Jolie is the spitting image of her father Jon Voight who acts in the movie, both of them very attractive people!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
SarahLouise said:
I watched 'Mildred Pierce' on tv earlier which was really good. Joan Crawford was amazing and the clothes & hair were gorgeous.

That's such a great movie, one of my favorites but I still haven't bought the DVD--I think I have a mental block since I've picked it up more times than I can count. Must buy!

That whole cast is great but I especially love the girl who plays little Kay. I read somewhere that Shirley Temple was originally scheduled to play Veda--Ann Blythe was great but it would have been something to see Joan Crawford opposite Shirley Temple!

Also, I finally got around to reading the book and it's quite a bit more sordid than the film. Terribly well written though, as Cain always is.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
HadleyH said:
"Midnight Cowboy"(1969) I loved the fact that it was filmed on location and it's verrrrry sordid! :D . Good film!

btw Angelina Jolie is the spitting image of her father Jon Voight who acts in the movie, both of them very attractive people!

I remember when one the networks announced that it was going to broadcast it. Fifteen naughty minutes were going to be edited out and tv critics began referring to it as the '11:45 p.m. Cowboy.'lol

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I remember when one the networks announced that it was going to broadcast it. Fifteen naughty minutes were going to be edited out and tv critics began referring to it as the '11:45 p.m. Cowboy.'lol

[huh] -- :D...

zaika

One Too Many
It Happened One Night (1934). I can totally see why it was such a big hit, what a fabulous film! Forget Gone With the Wind...I love Gable in this movie! And Claudette Colbert is so charming! lol It's officially my new favorite movie.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm recording Separate Tables so I can watch it later. I love the theme song.

Back to the ALCS! :D (for the uniniated, that's baseball) :)

zaika

One Too Many
carter said:
I'm recording Separate Tables so I can watch it later. I love the theme song.

Back to the ALCS! :D (for the uniniated, that's baseball) :)

oooh! i'm just now catching the last few minutes of it...i'm waiting for Battleship Potemkin to come on. i just recently got TCM...it's so worth the extra monthly charge.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Watched "Al's Lads" (think it was called Capone's Boys in the States) last night about 3 guys from Liverpool who end up in Chicago and working for Capone.

Not bad but not brilliant either, a 5 out of 10 on the Smithyometer.

And Zaika, you'll see why Battleship Potemkin is considered a seminal piece of film making after watching it.

zaika

One Too Many
Smithy said:
And Zaika, you'll see why Battleship Potemkin is considered a seminal piece of film making after watching it.

That I did...it was FANTASTIC. I'm glad I taped it though because it ran late and I...uh...fell asleep. :eek: Hey...long day + cozy blanket and tea = snooze.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
That's such a great movie, one of my favorites but I still haven't bought the DVD--I think I have a mental block since I've picked it up more times than I can count. Must buy!

That whole cast is great but I especially love the girl who plays little Kay. I read somewhere that Shirley Temple was originally scheduled to play Veda--Ann Blythe was great but it would have been something to see Joan Crawford opposite Shirley Temple!

Also, I finally got around to reading the book and it's quite a bit more sordid than the film. Terribly well written though, as Cain always is.

I thought it was cute when Kay was pretending to be Carmen Miranda. Veda was truly such an awful character, so vile! All in all a really good film, I'd quite like to get the DVD too.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I rented The Wind That Shakes the Barley and So Proudly We Hail. I watched so Proudly We Hail but accedently returned The Wind That Shakes The Barley instead. :eusa_doh:

I have also been watching and rewatching all the Harry Potter movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael