Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Loved the hats....but

Last movie I saw was "Public Enemies".
It's a plodder. The storyline struggles to build any tension and the characters lack any development. I gave it 2.5 out of 5. As a lover of gangster films, and of Depp's work, it was a disappointment.

But I did love the hats!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
An American Affair (2009). Gretchen Mol (who's getting better, not older) plays a mysterious divorcée sexpot in what's basically a coming-of-age turkey, trying to pose as a spy thriller set in 1963 Washington. She's great, but the picture is spoiled by a sort of staid European formality (the director is Swedish).

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Our feature this week is The Brothers Bloom, which is a masterpiece of absurdist comedy that gets unfortunately serious in the last reel. And what's the deal with Adrian Brody's hat? All he needs to do is turn up the brim and he could be Crazy Guggenheim.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
State Fair with Dana Andrews and Jeanne Craine. I always feel ridiculously happy when watching it. It's a perfect world in that movie and I want to live there! ;)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Elaina said:
I saw An American Affair a while ago, it was interesting.

My Dad got his copy of Song of the South yesterday, and we watched that this afternoon.

More info on the acquisition of Song... please. I saw it in the theaters decades ago, and have followed the debates about its release through the years.

Was this purchased from overseas? Or has it been released in the US?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Hardys Ride High. Judge Hardy is supposed to inherit two million dollars, so they fly to Detroit to finalize the paperwork. Turns out they don't get it because Father Hardy is descended from a foster child of the great great great grandfather and not in a direct line.

This is mostly Mickey's show, with much of the story driven by him acting like an adolescent who wants to treated as an adult who ultimately acts like an adolescent.

Good, but not the best of the series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou