Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
High Society.

One of my favorites!

"Oh...I think that's sad. You're the only uncle I have in the whole world...'lol

I am currently watching Ben Hur for the millionth time...
"we keep you alive to serve this ship....row well, and live.' ;)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Feathers said:
I love Rio Bravo. John Wayne, Dean Martin, and Ricky Nelson? Count me in! TCM, Netflix, or of your own collection?

I'm sorry I missed your post. I have a copy of "Rio Bravo" along with many other old Westerns! I'm tempted to at least watch the scene where Dino sings "Rifle, Pony and Me" again now!:D

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Andy Hardy Gets Spring Fever. Andy gets a crush on the substitute "dramatics" teacher, ends up proposing in that awkward, ubergeek way the series has Mickey act.

Father Hardy's fiscal crisis that will end in ruin for all is being duped by slickers with an investment plan to build an aluminum factory.

Aunt Millie just walks around, smiles when things are good and looks apprehensive when things look bad.

Mother Hardy is the rock of sensibilty.

Uncomfortable scenes when Mickey tries to "make conversation" adoringly with the substitute.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Watchmen. It's 4 minutes of a fantastic opening sequence, followed by 2 hours and 40 minutes of suck.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Last night TCM had a Miriam Hopkins orgy. I saw "Trouble in Paradise" and "Design for Living."
A number of commenters on IMDB call "Trouble in Paradise" the greatest 30's comedy ever. I wouldn't argue. Directed by Ernst Lubitsch, it has the stunning Kay Frances and Miriam Hopkins, plus Herbert Marshall, Edward Everett Horton and Charles Ruggles. Plus it features classic Art Deco interiors to die for.
"Design for Living" is very, I mean very loosely, based on the Noel Coward play of the same name. It was rewritten by Ben Hecht, and also directed by Ernst Lubitsch. Brilliant, wonderful early 30's (pre code) comedy.
Both these films are terrific acting lessons for anyone who wants to master true elegant comedy.

klind65

One of the Regulars
Last night, we watched " Kiss Me Kate" with Ann Miller, Kathryn Grayson and Howard Keel, followed by " Funny Face" starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. This last I got particularly to see Kay Thompson, the famed voice coach at MGM during the Golden Era. She was magnificent and what a woman ! Hers will be one biography I'll want to read.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Wow -- my thread lives on two years later! Hasn't fallen from the first page! :D

Recent Titles:

Bright Lights (1935)
Merrily We Live (1938)
Varsity Show (1937) - for a second time
Girls About Town (1931)
Palmy Days (1931)
Roman Scandals (1934)
Happiness Ahead (1934) - for the billionth time because I LOVE this movie!
Gold Diggers Of 1937 (1936) - for a second time
Gold Diggers In Paris (1938) - for a second time

I'm realising that movies I saw years ago and didn't really like (like the last two on my list) are great when re-watched now!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
The Watchmen. It's 4 minutes of a fantastic opening sequence, followed by 2 hours and 40 minutes of suck.

I got a good chuckle from that......and you are so right. I fell asleep, and woke up and it was still on. 2 hours and 40 minutes of suck.:eusa_clap

right now Bonnie and Clyde on TCM

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We've just started a week's run of "Moon," one of the best science-fiction films I've ever seen -- real thought-provoking science fiction, not the blow-em-up space opera stuff. Rarely do I get so engrossed in a movie that I miss a reel changeover, but it happened today.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
"Mississippi Burning" as I type, and all I can say is what's wrong with people? Living in the 'hood, as I do now, I have no problem with holding people to certain standards, but there's no way in any stretch of imagination I would ever hold all 'black' people to the crap I've experienced here. A man is judged solely on his actions (or inactions), but not on the color of his skin, or any other irrelevant factor.
What you do is what you are.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
District 9 - As the reviews said, a very audacious and disturbing SF film. Quite well done, but also awfully unpleasant and distressing (my 16-year-old daughter had her eyes covered for a lot of it)... mostly in the ways that it accurately depicts Man's dreadful inhumanity to Man and - even worse - non-Man.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
handlebar bart said:
I got a good chuckle from that......and you are so right. I fell asleep, and woke up and it was still on. 2 hours and 40 minutes of suck.:eusa_clap

right now Bonnie and Clyde on TCM

MY thoughts exactly! I fell asleep and woke up hours later it seemed...STILL ON. Trudge trudge trudge...:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes