Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Pompidou

One Too Many
I bought The Adventures of Robin Hood and The Maltese Falcon today on iTunes, and I deleted the two movies that were there prior. I like to think these two movies represent the best of what Hollywood can do. On one hand, you've got The Adventures of Robin Hood. Is there a more colorful, unpretentious and fun adventure romp put on film? If you're going to make a film about merry men in tights, you can't go half-assed. I watched Robin Hood this evening. It's my favorite telling of the story. Heroes don't have to be complicated, and sometimes good and evil can be simple.

I'll watch The Maltese Falcon tomorrow. It's probably opposite Robin Hood in every aspect except quality. Both got 100% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. I like film noir as much as I like adventure. One is bright, colorful, frugal on dialogues and generous on action, and the other is dark, black and white, generous on the dialogue and frugal on action. Should be a good contrast.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
It surprised me, too.

Youth in Revolt, on the other hand, has a few chuckles, but is mostly just boring.

Well, it is Michael Cera...he's good, but there's only so much he can do when he's got that super-wimpy voice and he's always being typecast as a nerd/geek/social outcast.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch". Hadn't seen them for ages and watched them with my wife. Enormous fun!

The-Blue-Star

New in Town
Citizen Kane and Heavenly Creatures. Both magnificent films and both featuring Orson Welles in one way or another. He is, in my opinion, the best director ever to have lived.

Jan

One of the Regulars
Last 5 DVDs I've watched:

Walk The Line
Black Board Jungle
Lost Boys
Grease
Wedding Crashers

Kind of a weird mix.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I recently watched The Rocketeer again, as I am so excited for Joe Johnston to be bringing us Captain America. I hope its as good as The Rocketeer, because this film is on of my favorites.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Public Enemy for the first time.

Ironically I thought I had seen it before, but the only part I seemed to remember is the grapefruit scene.

Then I stayed up late and watched The Painted Veil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn