Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Moonlight said:
The Man Who Came to Dinner.

Again! I never tire of this wonderful film.

I performed in a school version of that...although because I go to a Christian private school there was some editing of the script lol!

I was the mailman who brought in the sarcophagus and the box of penguins lol!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We just hosted the Maine premiere of the Complete Metropolis, the new 147-minute restoration of the 1927 German silent. Amazing thing to see on the big screen, and the original Gottfried Huppertz score makes it even more so. Even though the story still gets a bit ridiculous in the last twenty minutes.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
[YOUTUBE]pe6umfSLLHs[/YOUTUBE]

I just saw both on SyFy today, they were pretty terrible lol!

Feraud said:
Inception

:arated:

VitaminG said:
A film from New Zealand

I'm not sure if it's from New Zealand, but there is a hor-com out there called Black Sheep, it's about were-sheep in New Zealand and uses special effects created by Peter Jackson's own WETA workshop in New Zealand. Yes, I said were-sheep lol.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
I'm not sure if it's from New Zealand, but there is a hor-com out there called Black Sheep, it's about were-sheep in New Zealand and uses special effects created by Peter Jackson's own WETA workshop in New Zealand. Yes, I said were-sheep lol.

Yup it's from NZ, filmed round the Wairarapa

Amusing flick, although some of the jokes might have been missed by non-Kiwis though.

It's the favourite of a Norwegian mate of mine who lived in NZ for 6 years or so. Was surreal watching it for the first time in Oslo with him and having him slip into full Kiwi slang whilst watching - much to the puzzlement of some other Norwegians there!

Brinybay

Practically Family
"Rebecca" and "Taking Chance".

I'm not a big fan of Hitchcock, but I did enjoy "Rebecca".

With "Taking Chance", make sure you have a good supply of Kleenex on hand before you start the movie, and don't watch it anyplace where you don't want people to see you weep. This is one emotionally wrenching movie.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Classic Disney

My son (soon to be 3yrs.) and I watched Bambi the other day. He loved it. I loved the memory of my grandmother taking me to the theatre (no DVDs in the 70s) to see it when I was a lad.
As an adult, I prefer Dumbo to Bambi. The clowns and the crows are a hoot.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Kick Ass - it made me feel creepy. It seems like it's going to be a cheesy 12 year old movie, but then has as much violence as a Kill Bill movie. Seeing a 12 year old girl get beat on makes it feel very wrong. An odd mix of something cute (say, Juno), and something crazy (like Sin City). They don't pair well.

Edward

Bartender
Lefty said:
Kick Ass - it made me feel creepy. It seems like it's going to be a cheesy 12 year old movie, but then has as much violence as a Kill Bill movie. Seeing a 12 year old girl get beat on makes it feel very wrong. An odd mix of something cute (say, Juno), and something crazy (like Sin City). They don't pair well.

Actually it's that very juxtaposition that made it work for me. The shame was that the plot of the film was different in two very significant respects (ironically one of them the one thing that really did not ring true for me in the film. Not that it ruined it, but it certainly would have been much better).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn