Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The last film that I had seen, which was actually two days ago, was Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai (1967), starring Alain Delon in the role of the hitman Jef Costello. This was actually my second viewing of the film, so it's very good if I say so myself. Also, the fedora sported by Costello is one of my favorite movie hats. The color, plus the shape, makes it assume an element of mystery. Of course, the trench coat and fedora combination helps. Delon's character is essentially a gangster version of Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name, the way I see it. He seems to be just as proficient in shooting with a revolver, and is a man of few words.

An interesting film I would recommend to noir fans.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Green Zone - predictable, typical, dull

Get Him to the Greek - the hardest I've laughed since Borat. I had to wipe away tears on a regular basis.

ebb

New in Town
Here is a photo from a cool movie.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I recently rewatched Iron Man 2, with the commentary by director Jon Favreu on. It was very inciteful to hear what he had to say about the story, how he envisioned it, some of the funnier moments, etc.

I was let down at the fact there were no bloopers on the dvd, as I heard they were hilarious.

Also, for about the million and tenth time I watched A League of Their Own, because I think that was Tom Hanks best role hands down.

davidraphael

Practically Family
I'm just about to watch The Thin Man: I got the complete boxset (all 6 movies plus a documentary disk, not to mention lots of Robert Benchley shorts and cartoons) for a steal - about 15bucks!

All I need now is my popcorn, my Lindt sea-salt dark chocolate and a bottle of red wine and I'm ready to go.. :)

[YOUTUBE]nSNJ-8ouQEM[/YOUTUBE]

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
'Thirteen Days' (2000) with Kevin Costner. Deals, from a White House view, with the two-week-long Cuban missile crisis. The actors who played John and Bobby Kennedy gave great performances. I guess much of the dialog was taken directly from JFK's Oval Office tapes.

JeffOYB

Vendor
Scarlett Empress

What a set! The most gothic of gargoyles! And what hugeness of castleness! Over-the-topness all around, royaltywise. Feasting, furs and more. And passion, too! Dashing and derring. Excellent insanity, even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou