Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Razzman

One Too Many
Sher_Holmes_Woman_Green.jpg

I'm very partial to the Sherlock Holmes movies.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
[video=youtube;Py_IndUbcxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc[/video]

Absolutely fabulous. Saw it in pre release show. After movie we had a talk with director and producer. Bit different movie experience.
Here is link to main site: http://www.ironsky.net/site/
Most excellent, must have been fun. :D I hope I get to see it here on the big screen. Not likely as I live in a small city. I'll definitely buy the DVD in any event.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Contagion - this was only so so - I felt the story didn't really go anywhere. However it did remind me of how much I hate when people are sick and they still insist on going into their workplace and spreading their germs about - if you are sick stay at home!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Impact:
Impact.jpg

The story had more twists and turns than whirly gig.

"Millionaire industrialist Walter Williams has a young wife, Irene, who is trying to kill him with the help of her young lover, Jim Torrance. The plan falls apart when Williams survives a hit on the head from the would-be killer. Torrance flees the scene in Williams' car but dies in a head on collision. At this point, it is believed that Williams was the driver.
The dazed Williams ends up in a small town in Idaho. He gets a job as a service station mechanic and falls in love with Marsha, the station's owner. Meanwhile, the police arrest Williams' wife for his "murder." Marsha eventually persuades Walter to go back to clear his wife, but he is charged with the murder of the lover. That leaves Marsha and a kindly police detective named Quincy scrambling to prove his innocence."

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Impact:
Impact.jpg

The story had more twists and turns than whirly gig.

"Millionaire industrialist Walter Williams has a young wife, Irene, who is trying to kill him with the help of her young lover, Jim Torrance. The plan falls apart when Williams survives a hit on the head from the would-be killer. Torrance flees the scene in Williams' car but dies in a head on collision. At this point, it is believed that Williams was the driver.
The dazed Williams ends up in a small town in Idaho. He gets a job as a service station mechanic and falls in love with Marsha, the station's owner. Meanwhile, the police arrest Williams' wife for his "murder." Marsha eventually persuades Walter to go back to clear his wife, but he is charged with the murder of the lover. That leaves Marsha and a kindly police detective named Quincy scrambling to prove his innocence."

I love Impact. (You forgot to mention the Chinese maid, Anna May Wong, who turns in important evidence at the end...) Brian Donlevy and Helen Walker are great in their roles, and the guy who plays Torrance has a great head-on collision ("AHHH!" he screams, while putting his hands up to his face) with William's '48 Packard and a big rig, resulting in a huge fireball! That's not your lobby card, is it? They're not cheap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters