Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Even if it did it would still be better than that face on Stewart.
:D

You guys are bashing "Bella!"
Be careful, or she'll come over to your house and stare at you vaguely. :D

What's obscene about the whole Twilight series, is how the lead actors are worth $40-50m each.
Although one of them (Taylor Lautner) is worth more, his pay just for the movies was $37.5m.
Then (and here's where having a better agent comes in handy) he got 2.5% of the profits from the 3rd movie (Grossed $300m so minus cost), then 7.5% of the gross of the last 2 movies (combined they grossed $573m) essentially an additional $23m on top of the $12.5m for each.
He's 21(?) and his net worth is at least $84m???
And yet some of the Rock "gods" don't even have $100m to their name.
Very strange.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
2AM, I had a good case of insomnia! I could not find any thing to watch on TV, so I checked my DVR. Only two movies recorded, thats what happens when your sick, you watch every thing. Lincoln, I did not want to watch that, since I know it would not put me to sleep, and Under Wraps. I do not even remember recording the second one, must have been Halloween ghosts. It was actually funny, about some kids that bring a mummy back to life, only, instead of killing everyone, he just wants to get back with his girl friend in the museum. Only problem with the movie, it did not put me to sleep! What ever I watched on TV after the movie did.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tonight it's Uptown Saturday Night, with Bill Cosby, and Sidney Poitier, and an even rare performance by Flip Wilson.
Yeah Wilson had his own show, but I don't remember him being in too many movies.
IMDB only shows 19 as an actor, not very much from an incredibly talented performer.
I remember as a kid, listening to an album he had, and just rolling around on the floor laughing.
"You've got a lot of nerve honey..." :D

Watching The Set-Up on TCM. I always watch this flick when it's on. It beautifully filmed and well acted. And although the ending makes me mad, it is much better than the originally scripted outcome. It is a day of Robert Ryan on the best channel on television.

Feraud

Bartender
Watching The Set-Up on TCM. I always watch this flick when it's on. It beautifully filmed and well acted. And although the ending makes me mad, it is much better than the originally scripted outcome. It is a day of Robert Ryan on the best channel on television.
This is a great film! I'm thrilled TCM is doing a day of Robert Ryan. Ryan is an under appreciated actor who deserves to be remembered as much as guys like Bogey, Cagney, etc.
Films like Odds Against Tomorrow, Billy Budd, The Dirty Dozen, The Wild Bunch, Act of Violence, House of Bamboo, Bad Day at Black Rock, and more! He's one of my favorites.

You guys are bashing "Bella!"
Be careful, or she'll come over to your house and stare at you vaguely. :D

What's obscene about the whole Twilight series, is how the lead actors are worth $40-50m each.
Although one of them (Taylor Lautner) is worth more, his pay just for the movies was $37.5m.
Then (and here's where having a better agent comes in handy) he got 2.5% of the profits from the 3rd movie (Grossed $300m so minus cost), then 7.5% of the gross of the last 2 movies (combined they grossed $573m) essentially an additional $23m on top of the $12.5m for each.
He's 21(?) and his net worth is at least $84m???
And yet some of the Rock "gods" don't even have $100m to their name.
Very strange.

No one ever said That Twilight series movie watchers were smarter than your average moron. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No one ever said That Twilight series movie watchers were smarter than your average moron. :p
Yeah, that's right.
Hey! Wait a minute...:eusa_doh:
My wife wanted to watch the series, but the Rifftrax version made it bearable.
The last 10 minutes of the last movie in the series was worth it.
Too bad it took several films to show us that.

This is a great film! I'm thrilled TCM is doing a day of Robert Ryan. Ryan is an under appreciated actor who deserves to be remembered as much as guys like Bogey, Cagney, etc.
Films like Odds Against Tomorrow, Billy Budd, The Dirty Dozen, The Wild Bunch, Act of Violence, House of Bamboo, Bad Day at Black Rock, and more! He's one of my favorites.

I agree, he is underappreciated. I looked for The Set-up today to purchase on TCM but was unable to find it. Bad Day at Black Rock is a movie I appreciate and watch every couple of years. At first it was moresofor Spencer Tracy's performance but not anymore, the whole cast is great.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The last ten minutes? What they hit Bella with a sledgehammer and now she looks normal? :p

No, she almost cracked a smile, as opposed to the indifference she showed throughout the series.
And a couple of bad vampires got their heads snapped off. That was a cool part.

Tonight it was (as I had said yesterday) Uptown Saturday Night.
Good film with some really funny parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany