Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

JavBanda

New in Town
"It Came from Beneath the Sea". An Octopus that has undergone an atomic mutation now attacks San Francisco as it now comes to prey on man instead of fish.
Stop motion is fun to watch all those octopus arms moving all those man hours.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Did you notice that the octopus has only six arms? Due to production time and budget constraints, the producers insisted that Ray Harryhausen could only build and animate a "hexopus"! (It's difficult to notice if you're not specifically looking for it.)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Ed Wood - haven't seen it in aeons and it's actually better than I remember it. It looks just gorgeous, fantastic soundtrack, brilliant performances (esp Marin Landau) and Bill Murray is a slice of fried gold, as always.

All the better for NOT being a (stereo)typical Tim Burton Movie.

DNO

One Too Many
Ed Wood - haven't seen it in aeons and it's actually better than I remember it. It looks just gorgeous, fantastic soundtrack, brilliant performances (esp Marin Landau) and Bill Murray is a slice of fried gold, as always.

All the better for NOT being a (stereo)typical Tim Burton Movie.

Another great one. I watch Ed Wood once in a while, usually followed by Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I watched the movie of "My Fair Lady" last night, if for no other reason than to say that I'd seen a classic musical.

It was certainly interesting, funny at times, but, and perhaps it's because I'm a bloke, I didn't really connect. But I'd watch it again, I'll say tha tmuch. I can definitely see why it's so famous.

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
I saw 'Murder by Contract' (1958) with Vince Edwards the other day.

I'd not heard of this film before until I discovered it as part of a film noir boxed set.

I was impressed by the level of tension that was built up over the course of the film.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Bus Stop - one of Marilyn's finest and most touching performances (the scene where Beau rips off her "tail" always gets to me) - makes you wonder what other great work she could have done had she lived longer.

Insidious - Nothing I hadn't seen before but it was enjoyable enough with a few good scares.

flyfishark

Practically Family
"The Quiet Man." I've seen it about four billion times, but with all the pub stops, it's a great excuse to sip a couple of Tullamores, just to, as I tell my wife, get in the "spirit" of things.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
"The Quiet Man." I've seen it about four billion times, but with all the pub stops, it's a great excuse to sip a couple of Tullamores, just to, as I tell my wife, get in the "spirit" of things.

The Quiet Man is one of the all time classics in my opinion! John Ford, John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara - just straight quality.

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes