Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

rue

Continuing my early Crosby kick with "We're Not Dressing," possibly the best of Bing's early Paramount features -- any picture where the supporting cast includes Carole Lombard, Ethel Merman, Leon Errol, Burns and Allen, and a trained bear has to be something that deserves a place at the top of any bill. Another ration of great songs too, including "May I," "Love Thy Neighbor," "Once In A Blue Moon," and "She Reminds Me Of You," the latter hysterically sung by Bing to the aforementioned bear. Who says Crosby had to wait till the Road pictures to discover his absurdist side?

I just love that movie and you're right.... it's full of great songs :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
It's sort of a Technicolor wide-screen noir. Check out the audio commentary about some strange undercurrents the writer and director set up between the characters.

Will do! We picked up on Robert Ryan's character's feelings for Robert Stack early on - I was just reading up on the movie and apparently Ryan was the only actor to be made aware of his character's yearnings - I thought it was wonderfully underplayed and subtle.

"Real Steel" (2011)
. It was good. My wife liked it too - double shock.
"War Horse" (2011) on deck. See if viewing #2 evokes same tears.
Being home sick has some perks :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
War Horse still got me. Dang, glad I'm home.

See, I love and hate movies like this. I get so emotionally involved that I feel absolutely drained afterwards...but I still want to see them.
Atonement did this for me, too. I only watched that movie once. Never again. Same with Cold Mountain.

amador

A-List Customer
Under Suspicion, with Freeman, Hackman and Bellucci. It did not hold my interest the whole way. I started looking for flaws in the plot instead of being engaged about half way thru.

Feraud

Bartender
The other night TCM was running a sci-fi flicks and I watched Earth vs. the Flying Saucers. The Ray Harryhausen saucer effect were really good but the aliens outfits are terrible! In defeating the alien flying saucers we destroyed a few national landmarks..Doh!!

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
The other night TCM was running a sci-fi flicks and I watched Earth vs. the Flying Saucers. The Ray Harryhausen saucer effect were really good but the aliens outfits are terrible! In defeating the alien flying saucers we destroyed a few national landmarks..Doh!!

If there wasn't anything terrible about these movies they'd be very ordinary and probably wouldn't be worth watching :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot