Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

m0nk

One Too Many
While I've been watching many classics over again, as they appear on TCM (recorded the Maltese Falcon and watched it last night), today I'm back in modern movie mode. Watched Contagion today and it was scarier than any horror movie I've ever seen. I don't think the wife's infidelity had any bearing on the plot, and it could have been skipped completely, but the overall storyline certainly had an impact on me, being a part-time EMT.

The other night TCM was running a sci-fi flicks and I watched Earth vs. the Flying Saucers. The Ray Harryhausen saucer effect were really good but the aliens outfits are terrible! In defeating the alien flying saucers we destroyed a few national landmarks..Doh!!

Perhaps one of the best scenes is in Mars Attacks when they parody the Washington Monument scene from Earth VS The Flying Saucers.

John Agar came back? lol

Figuratively. :p
80haw4gi0ohsg40h.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
i love the scene ith the zombie girl in the back yard - "She's really drunk!"

The scene where Shaun's zombie step dad turns the radio off in the car.

The scene when Shaun's group runs into Shaun's old girlfriend's group and it's like an alternate version of Shaun's group.

Yes, a great movie - and to be honest I enjoyed it more the second time around - great chemistry between Nick Frost and Simon Pegg and some brilliant scenes (I agree the one with the woman in the garden is class - when she is impaled Frost's expression had me in complete stitches).

The last movies I saw were:

Evil Under the Sun & Death on the Nile - have seen them both countless times - Peter Ustinov is my favourite Poirot (my friend prefers David Suchet and thinks Ustinov is too bumbling - but I find his Poirot completely charming).

"Marilyn" (2011)
On deck: "The Artist" (2011)
Still in bed sick. Watched "Polar Express" with my granddaughter earlier with hot eggnog. It's our favorite movie for the holidays together.

JAVIER

Practically Family
St. Benny the Dip (1951)
Plot Summary: A gang of con artists disguise themselves as clerics in order to pull off a job,but soon find that even pretending to be religious people is having an effect on them.

Fun movie :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic