Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
"roman holiday" with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn 1953

I can't say that I'm one for romantic movies, but 'Roman Holiday' is really something else. :)

It would have to be one of my favourite films of the 1950s.

For some reason I think the fact it's shot in black and white really helps this film.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
'5 Against the House' (1955)

A pretty average black and white noir redeemed by....nothing at all really

Yep, I suffered through about 15 minutes of it and then had to turn it off it was so bad....

I love Fritz Lang films, from the early German silents through to his later Hollywood work like 'The Big Heat' and 'While the City Sleeps'

'M' is probably one of his best. Peter Lorre gives an unbelievable performance.

What also makes M a favorite of mine is the superb cinematography. You can make out the details of the styles, furnishings, etc of the period with such clarity. And seeing it again this time I recognized another one of my favorite actors -- Paul Kemp (1899-1953). Kemp, who was better-known for his comedic roles, plays one of the underworld bosses in the film. Here he is a few years later with Lilian Harvey and Willy Fritsch (Kemp is the one wearing the bow tie).

There's also a version of this song by Max Raabe

[video=youtube;1hgUx9h3nU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hgUx9h3nU4[/video]

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Just saw Sherlock Holmes (enjoyed it--more than the first. Stephen Fry!) and last night watched Singin' in the Rain, which is always a great pleasure. BBC Radio 4 just did a piece on the shift from silents to talkies and didn't mention SITR or Sunset Blvd. (I AM big; it's the pictures that got small!) and really missed the boat, I thought. Oh, well, it was a good day for the Archers, anyway.....

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
Just saw Sherlock Holmes (enjoyed it--more than the first. Stephen Fry!) and last night watched Singin' in the Rain, which is always a great pleasure. BBC Radio 4 just did a piece on the shift from silents to talkies and didn't mention SITR or Sunset Blvd. (I AM big; it's the pictures that got small!) and really missed the boat, I thought. Oh, well, it was a good day for the Archers, anyway.....
Just saw Sherlock Holmes as well. I was VERY pleased with it; thought it was better than the 1st one!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Out of boredom and for the lack of anything better to do on monday Ill admit to paying to see Mission Impossible. After 20 minutes all of the action scenes repeated themselves for the duration trying to outdo the previous action. Pretty empty film ,story line was erratic and disjointed as well. Its definitely another vanity film for Cruise.I can't even say that it was a good escape for two hours. Felt pretty dumb afterwards and relieved that it was finally over.

m0nk

One Too Many
Out of boredom and for the lack of anything better to do on monday Ill admit to paying to see Mission Impossible. After 20 minutes all of the action scenes repeated themselves for the duration trying to outdo the previous action. Pretty empty film ,story line was erratic and disjointed as well. Its definitely another vanity film for Cruise.I can't even say that it was a good escape for two hours. Felt pretty dumb afterwards and relieved that it was finally over.
I saw the first one, and somewhat enjoyed it. The second was pretty bad, and I therefore refused to see the third. Can't imagine I'll ever see this one, either.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Once more, the wife and I saw

It's Complicated (2009)

Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, these veterans are great in this movie. I laughed so hard in the party scene!

Quotes
Harley: Are you smoking WEED in the guest bathroom?
Jake: Yes we are, and we'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone?
Harley: Oh no. Of course not. Just add it to the list.

Flicka

One Too Many
Watched Thin Man yesterday with Mum and my sister. When the hat I'm using as inspiration for one I'm making right now came on my sister said: What an awful hat!

I'm so not telling her about mine. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic