Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
Too tired to stick on Dead Snow as intended when I got home last night. Ended up watching Devil's Advocate again on tv. Decent enough flick.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Last night to lighten things up we watched The Great Race. I absolutely love this film. It is so much fun. Make me think about the what if they did a remake scenario. Though I hope they never do it. But I have my dream cast picked out in my mind already. I mean who could do a better rendition of Max Meen than Kevin Pollak? The only one I struggle with is Hezekiah Sturdy. I can't think of too many actors that could play his role, especially if they keep it a period piece. Only two possibilities come to mind and that is Bruce Willis or Timothy Olyphant.
Anyway that is just dream casting. I have others in mind for other characters but that may be for another thread entirely.
I get such a kick out of Jack Lemon in this film with his dual roles as the Professor & the Prince. It just goes to show what a versatile Actor Jack was and how much fun he could bring to a role. I wish that some model company like Tamiya or Revell or even Monogram would make a scale models of the Hannibal Twin 8 & The Leslie Special. Those would be fun to build and put on an ice burg diorama. And, maybe for Halloween one year I'll dress up as Professor Fate and scare the kids away. :eeek: Just need to find that really furry top hat.

This is one of those fun uplifting films that I can't get enough of. Blake Edwards really had something with this film and I am continually surprised at how many folks don't know about this film and never heard of it. Wish I could get one of those early racing cars, would be a load of fun to drive about.

Cheers!

Dan

topango

Familiar Face
"We need to talk about Kevin"

Two thumbs and one big toe up, would have been two thumbs up and two big toes us (my highest rating) but the theme was a bit "unlifting"

Mom has kid she really did not want, kid is a bad seed, kid goes on killing spree at school. Throw in some character study and BAMM

your "unlifted"

Last edited:
pict590.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
On Saturday watched The Ox-Bow Incident (1943) dir. William Wyler. Heard about for decades but never saw it until now. Amazing direction, grim story, and then to think it came out in the middle of the war. Recommended.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Finally caught up with Kill List. Not for the faint of heart, but genius. One of the best British films in many, many years.

When we saw that we were like "What the hell is going on?!" - I felt a little like I did when seeing Mullholland Drive for the first time. After checking out some info on it I think that I might enjoy it more the second time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24