Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I caught some films recently on the plane back from Venice.
The latest Batman film. I don't remember its name, but it was epic, absolutely moving and amazing. One of the best of the genre ever.
"Moonrise Kingdom" seemed more like a parody of Wes Anderson than an actual Wes Anderson film. I was disappointed, but it was watchable and interesting.
"Two Days in NY" Julie Delphy's follow-up to the pleasant "Two Days in Paris" or was it "2 Days in Paris..." Don't know. Anyway, wonderful film, interesting, funny, and well written. Chris Rock is amazing playing a dramatic role.
"From Rome with Love" I was expecting something as wonderful as "Midnight in Paris." It wasn't. It was interesting and difficult to decipher. I'm not certain what was going on there. I felt short-changed by Alec Baldwin; his role, not his performance. He is entertaining. It was once again... watchable; not good, not bad, just sort of watchable.
"Ted" was lost on me. I wanted to like it, but it was stupid and forgettable. Take away the Teddy Bear and nothing was funny. I think I may be too old!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, I finally watched "Red Tails" the other day on HBO. I didn't really care for it. I can't put my finger on it, but something was just missin'.

Yea, several somethings were missing... a decent script, good acting and a competent director. The HBO movie "The Tuskegee Airmen" is its superior in EVERY regard save CGI. What a waste. Lucas just can't tell a story anymore.. period.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"V for Vendetta" - One of the most thoughtfull post-apocalypse films of the century. Combine with "Chldren of Men" and "28 Days Later" and you've one fine picture of the U.K. I'll tell you... Amazing film making in all three.

Worf

howardeye

Practically Family
He only had it on at the beginning. I know what you mean. She was doll in her younger years before she started killing her husbands in later flicks! Everyone is wearing Homburgs in the next movie. This Is My Affair with Stanwyck and Robert Taylor! 1937 My favorite hat!

Last edited:

Stormy

A-List Customer
Yea, several somethings were missing... a decent script, good acting and a competent director. The HBO movie "The Tuskegee Airmen" is its superior in EVERY regard save CGI. What a waste. Lucas just can't tell a story anymore.. period.

Worf

I was thinking the same thing about "Tuskeegee Airmen" vs. "Red Tails." But even the first flick left alot of the story untold. That's why I'd waited all these years for someone to come along and tell it all (impossible in 90mins., but ...). There is so much more to those guys that could make wonderful storytelling. Perhaps the next attempt will fill the void. Darn, I wish I'd chosen film making as my life's passion.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
182372_10151211982544164_1906491531_n.jpg

lol
WTH is this story??!!! It's not that of jean Harlow, that's for sure! Still amusing for various reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot