Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Last night I finished watching Murder by Decree, a Holmes vs Jack the Ripper movie starring Christopher Plummer and James Mason, and a bunch of other notable actors. This is an excellent film, gripping and never boring, and very much the time machine back to Victorian London... until the last 10 minutes which is terrible. Oh well, I guess 110 minutes of excellence will have to do. Strongly recommended for Holmes fans; it's not canon, but it's more true to the characters and milieu than most of the canon adaptations.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Strange said:
I seem to recall liking the earlier (and lower-budget) Sherlock-and-Ripper flick A Study In Terror better, though it's been many years since I've seen either film.
I'm trying to obtain a copy of Study as well, so I'm happy to hear a positive comment.

I'm also hoping to get the Soviet-made Holmes series, which is apparently good as well.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Not really a movie, because it's a stand up routine, but Bill Cosby "Himself."
And sometimes he's sitting down, so it's not entirely stand up. :D
I haven't seen this since it came out, a LONG time ago.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'Night of the Eagle' (1962) known as 'Burn Witch Burn' in the USA.

A rather interesting film about a rational man whose scpeticism about witchcraft is threatened when he discovers his wife is a witch.

Saw "Mitty" last night with Ben Stiller. Would have been better at 20 minutes shorter.
Not a bad movie, not great. Some good characters and scenery though. The ending was nice.
Sean Penn. Like his acting, but just can't stomach the guy in real life. I'd give it a solid "not bad".

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
2s8obqd.png

It's the last line in the movie...

The screen fades to black & the credits roll.

First time I saw this movie I wasn't sure exactly

what the last line meant.

Today I do. :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
'Night of the Eagle' (1962) known as 'Burn Witch Burn' in the USA.

A rather interesting film about a rational man whose scpeticism about witchcraft is threatened when he discovers his wife is a witch.

Saw that one a few months ago, great movie. I enjoyed it immensely... Loved watching "Mr. Perfects" life spiral out of control due to his stubborn western skepticism.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Bucket of Blood" - C+ - Supposedly the first or Roger Corman's "comedy horror' trilogy. It was mildly interesting... Stereotypical depiction of "beats" and coffee houses. Obviously filmed out west but they tried to give it a Greenwich Villiage feel. Kudos to Corman for side story of cops infiltrating hangouts in their search for illicit drugs. This added at least a whiff of realism to the proceedings.

"Man you can make $25,000 dollars!"

"But I thought you despised money?"

"I do but we're talking about $25 grand!"

Worf

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
"Bucket of Blood" - C+ - Supposedly the first or Roger Corman's "comedy horror' trilogy. It was mildly interesting... Stereotypical depiction of "beats" and coffee houses. Obviously filmed out west but they tried to give it a Greenwich Villiage feel. Kudos to Corman for side story of cops infiltrating hangouts in their search for illicit drugs. This added at least a whiff of realism to the proceedings.

"Man you can make $25,000 dollars!"

"But I thought you despised money?"

"I do but we're talking about $25 grand!"

Worf

Roger Corman...at least he's better than his brother Gene.
The man (Gene) who brought us Night of The Blood Beast (one of the funniest MST3K riffed movies in their show), Ski Party (with all those stars they still couldn't save it), and Cool Breeze (not bad for it's budget).
Roger had some good movies though such as The Big Doll House, The Raven, and The Dunwich Horror (this is actually a good one).

Tonight it's The Inner Circle from 1946.
Not a bad movie, but not a good one either.
William Frawley is in this, and he's skinny! :D

Last edited:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
"The Civil War", the series by Ken Burns. Quite a bit more interesting than the glossing over of the war received in 8th grade history class. I never knew just how close the north came to losing that war on a number of occasions despite their overwhelming manufacturing capacity.

Simply one of my faves... When his brother in law and Army buddies show up to guard his kid? Priceless. Bonus points for a Lee Marvin so slimey and creepy... ah why ruin it fer ya?

Worf

One of my favorites as well. I own a copy of it on dvd, but find myself watching it whenever I stumble upon it. It was the movie that made me see the light wherein concerned with Glen Ford; he was perfect for the part.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Malta Story" - C-Minus - Stodgy British post-war affair that takes what should be a thrilling story of a tiny island and its British garrison holding out against the might of the Luftwaffe and turns it into mush. Alec Guiness totally miscast and wasted. He wanders around for an hour and a half with this silly half smile on his face and about as much real emotion as a chamber pot. Jack Hawkins gives it his best but the whole enterprise is undone by a terrible script and wooden acting. Sigh what could've been. The only decent thing in the whole movie are all the glorious Spits and Beaufighters flitting about.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy