Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I can't wait to see that! When we went to the UK last year on holiday, I dragged my wife out to Bletchly Park, she didn't have a clue what the fuss was about.

If / when I get to the UK, Bletchley Park is very high on my "must see" list. The next DVD in our Netflix queue is "The Imitation Game."

Big J

Call Me a Cab
If / when I get to the UK, Bletchley Park is very high on my "must see" list. The next DVD in our Netflix queue is "The Imitation Game."

Yeah, you should check it out!
I was kind of surprised, Bletchley is now a suburb of the Milton Keynes city, which was kind of built in the 80's. It's really quiet and unassuming- dare I say it, down market. Maybe it's different now due to the popularity of the film, but I was driving round in the rental, peering over the wheel, looking for these little brown signs saying 'Bletchley Park' that the UK uses to signpost heritage sites. I kind of got the feeling that maybe they were deliberately still trying to downplay the location of the place incase Nazi spies come nosing around.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, you should check it out!
I was kind of surprised, Bletchley is now a suburb of the Milton Keynes city, which was kind of built in the 80's. It's really quiet and unassuming- dare I say it, down market. Maybe it's different now due to the popularity of the film, but I was driving round in the rental, peering over the wheel, looking for these little brown signs saying 'Bletchley Park' that the UK uses to signpost heritage sites. I kind of got the feeling that maybe they were deliberately still trying to downplay the location of the place incase Nazi spies come nosing around.

My daughter and I are headed to England in October and Bletchley Park is on our list! She is REALLY excited - she's fifteen and this will be her first major trip. :) This will be my third trip to Ol' Blighty.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
British 1949

3304gmp.png

British 1949

3304gmp.png

Wonderful movie - agree it is a bit over-engineered - but still very well done. One that does better on the second or third viewing. And the best entrance in a movie by a male actor ever: deserted rain-soaked street, brick facade and a blinking light bring Wells in and out of view - just perfect.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful movie - agree it is a bit over-engineered - but still very well done. One that does better on the second or third viewing. And the best entrance in a movie by a male actor ever: deserted rain-soaked street, brick facade and a blinking light bring Wells in and out of view - just perfect.

Agree !
And for me, the best endings in a western... Shane
....still brings a tear !

15cd476.png

And who can forget the Duke .

[video=youtube;GXUz-Nntyks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUz-Nntyks[/video]

Love that tune ! :D

I never knew Roy Rogers was with the "Sons of the Pioneers" in the early years until recently.

Last edited:
Agree !
And for me, the best endings in a western... Shane
....still brings a tear !

15cd476.png

And who can forget the Duke .

[video=youtube;GXUz-Nntyks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXUz-Nntyks[/video]

Love that tune ! :D

I never knew Roy Rogers was with the "Sons of the Pioneers" in the early years until recently.

He sang with them a lot in his movies. So did Smiley Burnette.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Dead Man Walking.
It just happened to be on, and I'd never seen it before.
I was glad they killed him in the end, what was the point of the film?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
A frightening little film about alien abduction called "Dark Skies". Fast paced, well acted and totally believable with a mild twist at the end that sends shivers up and down your spine. There's a soliloquy near the end that sends shivers up and down your spine and will make you recall EVERY missing kid case you ever heard of where no bodies, no clues... no NOTHING was ever found.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran