Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I went south most summer's to my Mother's people in North Carolina. We drove the eastern route, taking the ferry BEFORE they built the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. In all those summers in rural Sandy Cross, N.C. I never found Mayberry. Of course finding Mayberry would've been easier if grandma's place had gotten electricity before 1965. Running water (priming the pump has a real world meaining) didn't come along till the mid-70's along with the indoor toilet. Ah outhouse adventures. Remember the "perfect past" was NOT perfect for everyone. Not casting stones, just telling truths.

Worf

The exterior shots of Mayberry were filmed on the "Back 40" at the Desilu studio. "Mayberry" was just a stone's throw from where Tara of Gone With The Wind fame once stood. It was dismantled in 1959 just before Andy and company arrived in town. The Stalag XIII set from Hogans Heroes would be built there several years later.

The Old Fishin' Hole seen in the opening and closing credits is the Franklin Reservoir in Franklin Canyon Park located in Beverly Hills.

Pure Hollywood fakery. :p

Unmatchable? You ever been to North Carolina? Vermont? Maine? Same thing, less hippie. :p

For some reason I'm reminded of the old Miller Lite commercials. Looks Great! Less Hippie! :p

Gotta have your bubble, I'm all for that, too. I have one, too!

:p
[video=youtube;jUB0LYIlXsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUB0LYIlXsY[/video]

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
At last! I thought I was alone! The only problem with Longmire is that they seem to be squeezing a two hour movie into a one hour TV show. Every episode seems to end quite abruptly.

I only discovered Longmire recently because it was featured on Cowboys & Indians fb page, I searched for it and started to watch.
Problem is that it is not transmitted in my Country yet so...
Anyway, I have the same feeling as you.
I was able to capture the lining of Longmire's hat:
longmire.png

Sorry about the size, but can anyone identify it?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Lately I've been positively glued to the X-Files on Netflix. I watched it the first time around on TV, but re-watching it has been fun. And not just because I have a wicked, long-standing crush on Agent Mulder... sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany