Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Yeah, I have it recorded. Don't know why I bother, if they had discovered any thing big, it would be all over the news by now! I just have to realize, I am just as dumb as the rest of the reality show viewers! :eusa_doh:

I'm in the same boat. I know they're not going to find anything, but like the two guys on the show, I read the story of Oak Island when I was a kid and have been fascinated by it every since. Perhaps it's the potential pirate angle, as I grew up in an area where pirate lore was big.

Feraud

Bartender
Same here. Maybe Carol will stir things up a bit like she did at Terminus? Maybe even convince some of the folks holed up there to bust out and join forces.
I think Carol suffered an injury while trailing the car to the hospital and my not be as effective as she was at Terminus. Noah will likely encounter Daryl and the group will attempt a break out. We will see..

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello there. :wave:

I've seen so many series, and to tell you the truth, I got a bit bored from anything new, fast paced and in color. [huh] I would like to commit to watching an old-school series. BUT, there's a thing: I don't know what to chose.
An evening thing, nothing scary or gruesome. Fashionable, with catchy phrases.
..with a YouTube link (since I'm unable to purchase the DVD's - reason being: I'm from Behind God's Back) lol

Please James, don't you DARE recommending "I love Lucy". :p

Hello there. :wave:

I've seen so many series, and to tell you the truth, I got a bit bored from anything new, fast paced and in color. [huh] I would like to commit to watching an old-school series. BUT, there's a thing: I don't know what to chose.
An evening thing, nothing scary or gruesome. Fashionable, with catchy phrases.
..with a YouTube link (since I'm unable to purchase the DVD's - reason being: I'm from Behind God's Back) lol

Please James, don't you DARE recommending "I love Lucy". :p

What older shows have you seen and liked? Here are some 60s shows I enjoy...

60s TV
Hogan's Heroes
Bewitched
I dream of Jeannie
The Addams Family
Get Smart

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
BBC's 'The Passing Bells' 5 part drama about two young men one British one German during WW1 written by Tony Jordan , well researched and nicely shot in Poland with a really authentic feel......however where were all the moustaches???? period photos show 1 in three men at the time with moustaches and almost 1 in 2 in the German army!

Last edited:

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Yeah, I watched the first episode, and it was the music that really threw me. It just doesn't fit in with the 1919-1920 setting that they are trying to convey. If it weren't for that, I might get caught up in the soap opera, but to me now it just comes off as another soap opera set in another time. If a series doesn't grab me in the first episode, then I'm not likely to watch more.
I'd rate it as about a "5" overall then. Maybe I'll try it again some day, I dunno.[huh]

Yeah, I have it recorded. Don't know why I bother, if they had discovered any thing big, it would be all over the news by now! I just have to realize, I am just as dumb as the rest of the reality show viewers! :eusa_doh:

It would indeed. The thing is that the whole mystery fascinated my father and I a long time ago and now it is fascinating a new generation of the family as my sons love the whole mystery too. :p

I'm in the same boat. I know they're not going to find anything, but like the two guys on the show, I read the story of Oak Island when I was a kid and have been fascinated by it every since. Perhaps it's the potential pirate angle, as I grew up in an area where pirate lore was big.

So you have the same attachment to it as I have. :p There just HAS to be something there. :p

It's a shame they never let her show her navel. :p

[video=youtube;98Kx6WJfkKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Kx6WJfkKI[/video]

Come now! That is an easy one:
5423-Barbara-Eden-7-Faces-of-Dr2.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
It would indeed. The thing is that the whole mystery fascinated my father and I a long time ago and now it is fascinating a new generation of the family as my sons love the whole mystery too. :p

I read about it as a kid, so I am stuck watching it! I have a lot of back log recorded, I still need to watch The Roosevelt's! When was that first aired?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW